Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Xpred

Reply with quote  #1 
On my 2009 outlaw 525S I screwed up the threads on the the long oil screen below the shifter. The threads on the outside have 2 rough spots so it will not start back again but if I could find the right thread size to get a tap I might be able to fix it no problem. Tough part is I can't seem to nail down the exact size. Thanks guys.

Reply with quote  #2 
Hopefully the metal shavings don't end up in the case....

Reply with quote  #3 
I will just put grease on the end of my finger and dab it some some to pull them out if any get in there. I'm going crazy trying to find the thread size.

Reply with quote  #4 
i would flush it still. lots of used clean or strained oil through it. i have thread gauges but no access to an rfs
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Xpred

Reply with quote  #5 
Well guys me and dad gave it our best try and we ran a MM20x1.5 tap through and got it fixed with only a very very minor leak. Gonna find a bigger o-ring to stop that or maybe some rtv sealant. I Picked the front of the quad up on a jack stand and took the rear drain plug out and I flushed the case with 2 quarts of diesel fluid to wash out the aluminum cuttings. And just so everyone knows the thread size on the long oil screen is MM20 1.5 pitch.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.