Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
82wheeler

Reply with quote  #1 
got a 08 450 outlaw has top gun exhaust 165 jet and has a K&n mounted directly to the carb.  Needing some help on how I should set this thing up on air fuel and on the needle.  Its diff running entirely to lean cause its getting hot thanks again for your guys help
82wheeler

Reply with quote  #2 
o yea also running stock needle
Kmack

Reply with quote  #3 
What elevation are you at?

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
82wheeler

Reply with quote  #4 
1200 kmac.  I think I finally got it going the right direction just needing some help on the air fuel ratio especially with running no air box and K&n mounted directly to the carb.  And also needing to know if I'm going from the top of the needle which notch should it be in and is going up going to give it more fuel or going down on the needle going to give it more fuel
Kmack

Reply with quote  #5 
Moving clip up (toward the blunt end) on needle will give you less fuel, moving clip down will give you more fuel. This only applies up to about half throttle or so. After that it's all jetting. I would think you would need about a 170-175 main jet and clip third notch down from blunt end of needle and mixture screw about 2.5 turns out.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.