Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys new to the forum need some help I have a 2005 predator le and blew the tranny a few years back. Anyways picked up a built motor along the way from a 2004 it has a 600 falicon kit on it worked over head cams etc. what do I need to do to make this work on my bike wiring? More fuel obviously where do I start help me out guys been a few years since I've riden my bike and I miss it
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #2 
You need a 04 or 03 wire harness, 03 or 04 forward motor mounts, and the two oil tank lines.
birdman7389

Reply with quote  #3 
I have all of those parts available for sale, parting out a couple preds. You will need an 03/04 CDI as well
14 Toyota 4runner Sr5

Various Predators being parted out
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #4 
I forgot about the cdi oops.
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #5 
What year Preddy's you partin'? Do you have any rear plastics? I also have been looking for a cheap cyl. head for my melted" bird in head pipe motor" Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jak ur post!
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #6 
How much for all the parts I need man. Sorry been busy at work takes me awhile to get on here sometimes. Considering a local bike for 1000 bucks that is an 04 that way I would have two bikes
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #7 
what kind of shape is the 1000 dollar pred in ,, does it have a working engine and trans..... the reason why I ask is buy the 1000 dollar pred and use all the good parts from your 05 to make one good pred and then sell the rest. everytime the engines are apart count on 1000 dollars being spent.
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #8 
Would I need a full harness or just the engine harness? Just looking thru ebay seeing what I can find also
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bricktucky
what kind of shape is the 1000 dollar pred in ,, does it have a working engine and trans..... the reason why I ask is buy the 1000 dollar pred and use all the good parts from your 05 to make one good pred and then sell the rest. everytime the engines are apart count on 1000 dollars being spent.

The owner told me it runs correctly and everything but the only issue is it's missing a seat his dog ate it. Also has a hmf exhaust intake and a full set of paddles.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #10 
im not being a dick here but if you can spend 1000 dollars on a great running predator , that would be a savvy idea. if your 05 pred has a good topend save it , because it will fit on a 04 predator.  sell the rest , then buy aftermarket parts with that money.  what im getting at is to buy all the parts to put a 04 engine in a 05 you will spend afew hundered dollars on used ebay junk.maybe close to a grand on new parts from Polaris.
. if you can find a pred with a great running engine for 1000 dollars , you get the engine you need and will have extra parts and can make some money from parting the other parts you don't use. or have a rolling frame for another engine..
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #11 
No I understand man. That's what I was thinking also I have the motor already just need a home to put it in. The 05 motor does run just tranny is locked I've never actually opened it up to see what happened. Would love to make a nice dune drag bike that was my intention all along. I'd hate to get used junk from ebay when I can buy a good running bike and sell the motor or bike for parts like you said. Gonna need a better carb I'm guessing also for this bike any suggestions?
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #12 
I say go for it... predators are going to be the quadzillas of the early to mid 2000's.. around my area , the predators are surviving and people are grabbing them up.. like I said I make believers every weekend I ride one....
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #13 
Yah there's alot here locally for anywhere from 1000-3500 great condition bikes. Guess I'll be talking to the feller this weekend I'll get some pics of the motor and bike up soon. I loved my pred was so comfortable to ride all day long, great suspension and fast bike
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #14 
there is nothing quite like them.. they might not have the greatest engines but the handling is like no other.. I have two of them and one scrambler with a predator front end , I also have two outlaws . and Id rather the predators everytime ,, I just like those ktm engines better in the outlaws.
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #15 
Bastard sold the bike back to square one
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman7389
I have all of those parts available for sale, parting out a couple preds. You will need an 03/04 CDI as well
how much for all the parts I need man pm me
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #17 
Well ordered almost all my parts except the cdi. They will be here next week so I'll be starting the rebuild and stripping bike down for powder. This bike has always been my goal since I seen it on the forums way back when I can't remember his username. But I'm thinking similar powder and skeleton setup. Maybe chrome a arms and swinger though
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #18 
nice bike love white frames.
gmb357

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #19 
A diff point- After 2weeks my preddy sitting theres no oil on my dipstick when i look huh zero!!!???
please tell me this can be normal
preddyraul

Reply with quote  #20 
Well been pretty swamped at work since I got a promotion to supervisor. But I managed to completely strip my bike down and get it ready for powdercoating here's some progress from dragging it out of the barn and to tonight

gmb357

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Hey nice preddy mine is white also hauls ass ,i see you have a stockish muffler i may regress to my stock to quiet my beast i'm in a bunch of houses here..Can i ask u  i just checked my oil and theres none on the stick, from the oil res, it was run 2 weeks ago an was fine i see no leak wth does it flow back into the motor? i dont wanna crank it yet 
05pred500

Reply with quote  #22 
GMB357, that is normal. After it sits for a while some of the oil in the reservoir will drain back into the engine. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have found.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
fox_racin4

Reply with quote  #23 
Pull the wire that powers the coil off the coil and crank for a bit to circulate oil
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.