Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
joshmathis

Reply with quote  #1 
Ok I just got a preddy on trade for some rims the guy I got it from pretty well didnt know anything but how to ride first off how do I thighten the chain there is waaaay to much slack in it second how do I disconnect the throttle and choke cables from the carb so I can take it off and rebuild it because it leaks from the nipple on the bottom of the bowl im guessing the float is stuck and the final thing kinda baffled me a little bit I looked at the fuel lines and im not sure if it is supposed to be the way it is but I have my switch that comes out of the bottom of my tank a line comes out to the left and leads to a round piece that looks kinda like a splitter of some sort but anyway 2 lines come out one seems to be a vacuum line that goes in right after the carb in what im guessing is my intake and the other one that comes out goes to my carb now the problem is that no matter what the switch is set on it continues to give my quad gas even when its off...drained a whole tank of gas...is that splitter supposed to be on there can I eliminate it is my switch bad the splitter thing is wire tied to the front of my quad it looks ghetto so idk why its there can I just plug the vacuum line and take a line strait from the switch to the carb any help will be appreciated
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
TO TIGHTEN THE CHAIN YOU LOOSEN THE PINCH BOLTS ON THE CARRIER OF THE AXLE AND ROTATE IT, THE THROTTLE CABLE HAS A WINDOW ON THE SIDE OF THE CARB TAKE THE WINDOW OFF AND YOU WILL SEE HOW IT COMES OUT........ LAST BUT NOT LEAST IF THE LINE OUT GOES TOO THE FRONT OF THE QUAD ITS A FUEL PUMP IF NOT TAKE A PHOTO

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #3 
THIS IS WHAT THE FUEL PUMP LOOKS LIKE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/polaris-predator-500-fuel-pump-/261502798586?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce2c80afa&vxp=mtr#ht_25wt_900

04 r6

n more
joshmathis

Reply with quote  #4 
No thats not what it looks like but after looking a few of the threads on here I decided thats what it was and that im getting a petcock that comes out and two the right and bypass it all together and do u have an idea about the carb or how about the choke cable
05pred500

Reply with quote  #5 
The choke will unscrew from the carb using a 5/8 wrench.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
joshmathis

Reply with quote  #6 
Ok thanks cus I tried to unscrew the throttle first it didnt work I decided I needed to ask someone who knew thanks for all the info guys does anyone know why my carb would be leaking from the nipple on the bottom constantly im guessing the float is stuck
joshmathis

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpred
TO TIGHTEN THE CHAIN YOU LOOSEN THE PINCH BOLTS ON THE CARRIER OF THE AXLE AND ROTATE IT, THE THROTTLE CABLE HAS A WINDOW ON THE SIDE OF THE CARB TAKE THE WINDOW OFF AND YOU WILL SEE HOW IT COMES OUT........ LAST BUT NOT LEAST IF THE LINE OUT GOES TOO THE FRONT OF THE QUAD ITS A FUEL PUMP IF NOT TAKE A PHOTO

So am I supposed to take put the two allen key bolts which are harder than hell to move or try and get the cable out seems impossible
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #8 
I CANT REMEMBER THOSE SIDE COVER BOLTS BUT ITS FAIRLY SMALL AND IF THEYVE NEVER BEEN REMOVED YES THERE GONNA BE HARD LOL { TAKE A PHOTO BEFORE YOU REMOVE SO WE CAN MAKE SURE I DONT OWN A PRED ANYMORE SO I CANT LOOK}

04 r6

n more
joshmathis

Reply with quote  #9 
I got it off after lookin at it for a minute I rebuilt it but the carb is still leaking and its flooding while its running im kinda lost now is there a screw to adjust the amout of fuel coming to the carb I also changed out the petcock cus the old one never stopped sending fuel and it seems like it is idling kinda high the idle doesnt stay at one rpm prolly cus of the flooding and also when im accelerating it starts spitting and sputtering
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #10 
The float level in the bottom of the carb needs to be adjusted to stop the flow when the fuel bowl is full. you do that by very gently bending the metal tab up or down. Also if the little bobber that plugs the fuel supply orifice is stuck or out of whack or something then it will not seal no matter the height of the floats.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #11 
I also had the float needle get ribbed out and it leaked

04 r6

n more
joshmathis

Reply with quote  #12 
Can u txt me this site isnt letting me send pics
Dunph

Reply with quote  #13 
Yup. Probably the bobber.
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Dunph

Reply with quote  #14 
https://www.google.com/search?q=carb+float+bobber&client=ms-android-verizon&rlz=1Y3YOJM_enUS572US572&espv=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Images&sa=X&ei=nJOdU5anKs-VyASe8YCwCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=567#facrc=_&imgrc=oyHONHPew0HciM%253A%3BrrwY7pSxPKUfRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mikesxs.net%252Fparts%252Fimg600%252F48-1445.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mikesxs.net%252Fproducts-35.html%3B600%3B450

The one on the right

2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.