Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey All,

So I am still new to the Outlaw but took it out and ran it hard this past weekend.  I had a blast and it ripped through the mud and put a big grin on me the whole day, unfortunately I paid for it Monday as I was hurting in was I have never hurt before lol.  As it sits right now, it is a completely stock 06' Outlaw 500.  It did have ITP Mudlites but those have been replaced with Tusk Voltage.  I was very pleased with just about all aspects of the quad but did find the thumb throttle annoying and even had to pause a couple times to let my thumb rest lol. 

Couple of Items I am interested in, but need some direction:

Some sort of spedo
New Grips
Thumb throttle options?

Also, it is currently covered in caked up mud lol, any suggestions as to the best way to get it off? 

Thanks in advanced for the help.

Pat
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #2 
Also interested in some Aluminum Heel Guards powdered black.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #3 
A good place to start is to set up the suspension for your weight.  The manual will tell you how to set the spring preload.   As for the thumb throttle, sometimes just rotating it a little can make a huge difference in the comfort.

Id recommend you look into Trailtech for the speedometer setup, they have some nice setups with allot of other features.

Me personally, I like the Oury grips on my quad, super soft and cheap.   I know everyone has their preference on grips. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks TX, didn't know you can adjust the position of the thumb throttle, will check that out.  Also, I am a big guy(280), so I will definitely look into adjusting the suspension although it seemed to be fine.  With the trail tech, do they make a mount for the stock bars?  And I will definitely look into Oury Grips.  Thanks for the quick response!
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
ID SAY TRAIL TECH ALSO AND YES YOU CAN LOOK AT MOUNTS FOR IT, ODI ROGUE GRIPS THERE LIKE PILLOWS FOR YOUR HANDS LOL.... AND SWITCH UP TOO A HONDA THUMB THROTTLE BUT IT JUST TAKES TIME TOO BUILD UP YOUR "THUMB GUNS" LOL

AS FOR THE HEELS I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO 09+ HEELS AND CUT THEM JUST A BIT AND HECK SEND THEM OUT FOR POWDER

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #6 
Damm, where can I pick up 2009 heel guards?  I really like them.  Also, is there a lot of alterations needed to fit?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
The Trailtech will work with the stock bars just fine.

Check on the bottom of your thumb throttle and theres a couple screws, just loosen them some and adjust it to where it feels better.  It sometimes takes a few tries to get it comfortable, and like REDPRED said, sometimes it just takes time to get your "thumb gun" built up.  While youre at it, try adjusting your handlebar position too.  Sometimes a few minutes worth of adjusting the controls can make a big difference in comfort. 

Also, if you're looking upgrading to nerf bars or side bars in the future, you can save some money as many of them come with nice heel guards. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #8 
I do have AC nerf bars on it, just don't like the plastic heel guards.

Im going to take some time this weekend once it is cleaned and adjust everything.
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #9 
NOT MUCH YOU JUST WANT YOUR TIRES TOO CLEAR.......

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #10 
Yup the 09 heel guards will bolt right up and clear 20 inch tires. Just the fender has to be wired or zip tied as the hole is the opposite way you cannot see it and they work great. As for the mud get a pressure washer or use a garden hose before it drys. Otherwise you may need a hot car wash.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #11 
Anyone have any leads on 2009+ heel guards. I have been looking for 4 hours and can't find a set anywhere lol. Got cash ready to go and will cover shipping.
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Not trying to drum up some work but, the early sway bars
were known to fail. When this happens, there's a good
chance for them loose pieces to tear other things up.
The welded tab for the link can snap off, or in other cases
break at the bend. If money is tight and you want to mod
in other areas, I suggest a safety wire thru the bar.

A member on here came up with this a few years back for the
stock sway bar.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IRS_Cable.jpg, Views: 31, Size: 23.10 KB 

LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #13 
If you want the best on a budget I consider the fuj sway bar with links and a fuj steering link the first mods needed. In fact I just bought another IRS and those are the very first mods ordered for me.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #14 
Maybe I can get Fuj to work up a package deal on those and my exhaust?? [evilgrin0039]
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #15 
i am sure as always fuj will work you the best deal he can, so long as it keeps him in good beer.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.