Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
jevraets

Reply with quote  #1 
I drilled out the two existing holes in the black slide. Ever since then my throttle kind of hangs up. Sometimes when you rev it slightly it will continue to rev even after letting off the throttle. Usually it lasts about 3-4 seconds, then it idles back down. Any pointers on what it is?
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
So it sounds like your slide is floating, also check and see how your diaphragm is, any pin holes?  

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Distraction! I think I figured it out. After riding for a little while today I had a steady stream of gas coming out of the drain hole. I pulled off the carb and right away noticed some real fine grainy stuff in the bowl. Cleaned and blew out everything and put it back together...runs fine. I think the material is some left over gunk that I didn't get the first time cleaning everything out. I'll put a filter inline and hopefully the problem will go away. Like you said...I think the gritty stuff was playing with the slide.
fox_racin4

Reply with quote  #4 
What's the purpose of drilling the holes out?
jevraets

Reply with quote  #5 
fox...
http://forums.polarisproriders.com/post/polaris-predator-stock-carb-mods-5665849?&trail=50
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.