Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
Looking to change the rear sprocket son told me it needs more grunt to climb hills which way should I go up or down a tooth also what about the front should I change that one too?
tacnam

Reply with quote  #2 
You would want to either go down teeth on the front or more teeth on the back. I would maybe suggest trying a 13 tooth front sprocket first to see if you like it. The 13 tooth sprocket is pretty easy to install and you shouldn't have to downsize a link. I just put a 41 rear tooth on the rear of mine and I like it. You may also be interested in putting a custom intake and maybe a slip on for more power to. I haven't done any of that yet but I think other people could attest to the added power.
cobra131

Reply with quote  #3 
But won't the chain rub the swing arm have a htc slip on
cobra131

Reply with quote  #4 
I met to say with the smaller sprocket won't the chain rub the swing arm
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
13 front will eventually rub the swinger........... tooth up in the rear, larger rear tires or watch that swinger like crazy

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
cobra131

Reply with quote  #6 
The tooth up in the rear will give me more low end? Will the speed suffer
Kmack

Reply with quote  #7 
Anytime you gear down for more low end your top end will suffer some, no matter how you do it, front sprocket, rear sprocket or rear tires.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
cobra131

Reply with quote  #8 
What tooth rear sprocket should I go with?
Kmack

Reply with quote  #9 
One tooth bigger will make a difference but it's hard to say, don't really know how much more low end you need.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
cobra131

Reply with quote  #10 
What do you guys think about 15/38 or a 14/38?
Dunph

Reply with quote  #11 
u are running a 14/38 I believe. going to 15 will lose "grunt".just go one tooth down on the front sprocket. it's cheap quick and easy
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Kmack

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunph
u are running a 14/38 I believe. going to 15 will lose "grunt".just go one tooth down on the front sprocket. it's cheap quick and easy

Yup.

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
cobra131

Reply with quote  #13 
I just changed my sprocket hub and the rear sprocket is stamped 37
cobra131

Reply with quote  #14 
My 2003 service manual says it is a 14/37 sprockets so if I go to a 38 in the rear it will give me more grunt?
tacnam

Reply with quote  #15 
More teeth in the back will always do more. I don't know how much you would get out of one tooth in the rear though. 14/37 is stock for the 03 pred and 14/38 is stock for 05 and up i believe. I always thought of it as one tooth down should be similar to two teeth up in the rear. Like I said what I would do is try the 13 tooth up front. It doesn't have to be permanent but it could give you an idea where you might want to go from there, whether you like it or not. Do you have an idea what kind of grunt your looking to get? I mean like a big amount or just need a little more?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.