Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Jk20a3

Reply with quote  #51 
I see what you mean, thanks for the pics Bricktucky those are what I needed to see. The hotseat would prob end up the way I would go, just gotta contact them and see if they still have any around.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #52 

By the way just to clear things up Does anyone have the Photos from Matt Smileys predator in dirtweels back in 2005 or 2006. There was a side view of it and if you look close you can see the frc ac pump. Ill have to see if I still have that in my garage. also I think it was OUTLAW50(mark ) who talked with Matt and he comfirmed Smiley had the fcr on it PUT ON BY POLARIS's race team techs. JUST SAYING !!!!  that was a stock engine or at least stock bore and cc size.

polaris bob

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #53 

Not to pick on any one person, but I sorta laugh whenever I read that this racer or that racer ran this or that "part" so it must be the best thing in the world and everyone needs to have it now, .....  to be any good!

The thinking is that your "average joe Racer" just has to have those exact same parts to be able to have their bikes be as good as the racer they are trying to copy.

I highly doubt that there is much "stock" anything in most racers motors besides the mandated bore and stroke dimensions. And sometimes the builders even fudge on that, if they can get away with it...............

Back on the topic of the FCR carb. I have not said that they are not a good or even a great carb.

What I do question is if they are worth the cost of upgrade, for your average Predator trail rider, for the real world improvement they 'might' bring to the mix.

They are expensive. Average used cost is $300 bucks. New / retail ( not E-bay )  they run approx $600 - $1200 bucks depending on who is selling it and what 'mods' it might have done to it from the retailer.

They are hard to fit.

You have to cut the seat pan to clear the carb fully.

You need a custom spacer that is hard to find & hard to fit. (get sealed up)

You need to come up with a custom throttle cable or mod the one you have.

They have a much harder spring (throttle) pull even if you run one of the Tokyo mods springs.

And for your effort's you might ( might I say!! )  see a H.P. or two or a few lb feet of torque increase, maybe!

Personally I would suggest a good suspension upgrade for that cost. Way better return for your money and a guarantee that you will be faster with a good working suspension than you will be with just a carb swap.

570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5 - 1 CP piston. Head ported by Thumper Racing w/ new intake seats done by Pro-1 racing. Stage 5 cam (Custom design by Thumper Racing). AC bearing mod. Oil system mod by DJH. KW valves (stock size). * #100 CDI dirt bike CDI. 42 mm FCR carb by Walt/Fast64ranchero. (SX carb = No TPS). Trail Tech -10 oz flywheel. (Stock is 30 oz/ trail tech = 21 Oz's)
Mino water pump. Full flow set up, no T-stat. PB Oil cooler. Custom modded intake. Uni filter/ D2 Moto adapter on a modded Predator intake tube.
KTM Bill modded CT racing full exhaust system. Tusk Clutch kit. Honda thumb throttle. Snyder Motorsports adjustable upper A-arms. PP Billet front hubs W/ DLR tapered roller bearings. Custom modded fox suspension. Hidden comfort camo seat cover on a modded stock seat.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #54 
thats all true bob.  However those racers have full time machanics who are paid to know there sh!t.(better then us believe it or not) do you think for one minute that a factory race team machanic is just slap on parts guy because everyone eles has those carbs/parts. Those pro racers test the hell out of there parts/quads more then any of us.they don't just toss on parts without testing them and hope for the best. IM TALKING PRO CLASS not c class. I'll agree the average joe racer is a toss on guy but not the pros.

I do agree with you that the average predator build does not need a fcr and that the money would be spent better on good shocks.
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #55 
i totally agree suspension is a much better go fast mod.

if you get the polaris outlaw fcr you will not need to mod your thumb throttle at all and the stock polaris outlaw cable fits right up with no mods. also they can be had on ebay all day for about $200 i have sold 2 this year for under $200 and lenick just sold his for $200. i know $200 will go further elsewhere. i have spent $200 on 2 horsepower many, many times on the predator so i agree it is not the best investment but i have also spent $200 to $500 to lose 2 hp on the predator many times. i can say without reservation it is a better investment that many of the "performance" mods i have thrown money at.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
33dauer

Reply with quote  #56 
Well got the fcr on and done. Modified my stock cable, built my own aluminum spacer and fixed up the intake to work with it, runs good and best money I've spent on it so far!!!
2000 scrambler 90 oki 20mm Carb d&d pipe, clutch kit
2 85 Honda atc 70's just bad ass!!!!
05 chinese 125 dirt bike chinese says enough..
03 crf450r
06 yz250f dr.d supension and exh,hotcams
2000 kx80
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #57 
congrats you how have a much better carb for performance. good job now lets have some pictures of your mods.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
33dauer

Reply with quote  #58 
Will try and get my kids to. When I cut the aluminum spacer I cut it at 5degthe one way and also about 1.5 deg to the side. It angles it down and to the left. It gave me a lil extra room on throttle cable and world great as my cable goes right over the top of the frame cross member. After reading other peoples conversions I would say mine went pretty good and haven't even had to change main get. Put a 50 pilot and got rid of bog. Put a ziptie on for o ring mod as I've read when some are doing that but it makes the throttle stick. The main was a 175 and haven changed it. It runs good no dead spots and great power through all gears. I plugged the leak jet and adjusted the duration to get a good 1sec or so squirt! It even sounds so much better, my kids were riding it tonight and I noticed it sounds crisper and has a deeper tone. Man I ready for the sand dunes as the 250r gotand diald in tonight as well and is a monster. I will try and get pics of my swap and bikes posted!
03 crf450r
2000 kx80
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #59 
I got to ask this just because Im a wise ass. Would you ever go back to the stock/ BSR carb again ? Do you think the fcr is a better card now that you did it?

Im glad you got it figured out, and your jetting sounds spot on. My 560 has a 185 and a 42 pilot.but thats a different fcr then the one your running.
33dauer

Reply with quote  #60 
i myself wouldnt put a bsr carb back on my personal predator, but will admit my buddys 03 that i store runs dam good with the stock carb, who knows maybee he got a good one or i got a bad one lol. we rode for about 3hrs today and it ran good the hole time!!!
03 crf450r
2000 kx80
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #61 

Whats up with the link? I made the last post to that link. I know for fact he had a fcr on his predator. There was a write up in dirtwheels back then . In the side shot photo you can see the ac pump of the fcr. I can not seem to find the photo online and I do not think i saved the issue of dirtwheels. I also think steph ran the fcr also.

LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #62 
i think he just found the link you were talking about. i did not see an actual link before i just seen the post where you talked about it. maybe i missed it though. that was the first time i ever read that info for myself in that link.

anyway long story short i was glad it was there.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
Ultrakillpv

Reply with quote  #63 
i wanted to up my carb and really everything that i have found hasnt really answered my question but at first i wanted to up my cv carb to the fcr on the outlaw but i couldnt find anything on the tps that the outlaw uses and if it effects the carb if i just run it without it plugged in or if i have to up the cdi so it can be plugged in i have also read that unplugging the tps will put the cdi in a like full advanced mode idk about it but all i know is that the predator doesnt have it and the outlaw does or i can go with the lectron which i can get ahold of for cheap but yeah i was wondering to gain some knowledge on this anyone care to help
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #64 
fcr dont need the tps attached on the pred........ your tps on the pred is in your throttle........... lectrons are kind of a pain in the butt but also do well once configured......... 

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.