Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
ajramos

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey everyone...I slid my outlaw into a burm at the end of December and broke/bent some parts. I'm starting to put together a list of things I need and reaching out to see if any of you have some spares for sale.

In a nutshell, i hit the right front wheel on a large rock in a burm..broke the right inner tie rod end, bent the steering idler arm and center link (Fuj..have any of these made?). 

As for me...I was pretty lucky (well, except for that other large rock I landed on)...my gear did a good job of keeping me from any serious damage. Head, neck and spine are great...ribs not so much...left arm took some sprains too. Will know more after today's doctor appointment.

[UPDATE] - OK...so I guess i did end up fracturing 5 ribs (one is displaced) and my scapula!...explains why this still hurts.

I hope to be healed up in a few weeks (Pismo in March!..doubt I will be riding much yet tho), and i will have a better idea of what other parts are needed...for now this is what I see.

Broken inner tie rod end (can buy this new)
bent idler arm; not sure if any steering stem/bearing issues at this point
center link looks bent

Not sure if the:
A-arms, tie rod, hub, knuckle, or rim have any damage. Im hoping to look at that next week if I am up to it...and can unbury my quad from all the christmas decorations my wife piled up around it to keep me off of it while I heal....lol

Thanks for reading this and looking in your parts bins. Not sure how fast I will be buying parts yet but I hope it is soon.

Please PM me with parts and costs..

Thanks a ton.

ajramos

South SF Bay Area, CA '08 Outlaw IRS with black Maier plastics and '07 graphics - 570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5:1 - Stage 5 cam - 41 mm FCR carb overbore by ThumperRacing - Fuel Customs transition ring - Baldwin oil cooler - ThumperRacing hi-flow water pump - K&N air filter w/outerwears - FMF powerbomb header 7 Q4.1 silencer - R&D Racing power bowl2 w/adjustable leak jet - HRC Needle - Rekluse z-start pro auto-clutch - Maxxis RzrII front/rear tires on Douglas Aluminum rims
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I will make a center link kit available if needed.
PM me when actually needed.

I would not think you'll be ready to ride by March.
Of all the stuff I've broken, ribs are the worse.

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuj
I will make a center link kit available if needed.
PM me when actually needed.

I would not think you'll be ready to ride by March.
Of all the stuff I've broken, ribs are the worse.

That would be great Fuj...I appreciate it. I'll PM you when I get ready.

Ribs really do suck to break/heal...If I am lucky I will be able to "putt around" with the youngsters...definitely will not be doing much. But I will be cooking up some brisket and maybe pork butt on a smoker! LOL...

Thank you again,

ajramos

South SF Bay Area, CA '08 Outlaw IRS with black Maier plastics and '07 graphics - 570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5:1 - Stage 5 cam - 41 mm FCR carb overbore by ThumperRacing - Fuel Customs transition ring - Baldwin oil cooler - ThumperRacing hi-flow water pump - K&N air filter w/outerwears - FMF powerbomb header 7 Q4.1 silencer - R&D Racing power bowl2 w/adjustable leak jet - HRC Needle - Rekluse z-start pro auto-clutch - Maxxis RzrII front/rear tires on Douglas Aluminum rims
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My biggest problem was if I had to sneeze during the
first several weeks. "DON'T SNEEZE" !!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.