Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #1 
Is this a to rich? I'm only at a 150 main at 1000 ft above sea level. I have a dg x2 full system and a k and n clamp on filter with no airbox.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: rsz_12015-07-08_133822.jpg, Views: 22, Size: 190.57 KB 

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
That plug looks rich, but it doesn't really mean anything without knowing what you were doing just before you removed the plug. 

To get a more accurate reading (for determining your main jet size), you need to get it up to operating temperature, find a long straight trail or road, then make a full throttle pass (don't let it hit the rev limiter as it will make the plug reading bad), and when you get to 70mph or so, pull in the clutch and turn off the motor.  Then pull the plug and take a look at it (or better, post up a pic so we have something to look at).

PS- You can get an idea of part throttle mixture by loosening your throttle cable until it only allows the slide to open 1/2 way.  Then you can repeat the test (but you will probably top out about 50mph).  And that will give you a ballpark idea of how close you are on your needle position.   

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #3 
I just installed a fuel screw and did the kiwi spring mod. I put the screw at .5 turns out. I started it up with the choke, and it idled very high. Then I took the choke off and turned the idle screw both ways to see if anything would happen. Nothing happened and it just stayed at a high idle. I revved it than it bogged. I turned the fuel screw a half of a turn to see if anything would happen, and nothing did still had the same idle but when I revved it it would rev and the rev would go for about 2 seconds longer.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
AlliedCeaser

Reply with quote  #4 
Hanging idle could be caused by being lean? Had this problem when re-jetting mine after pipe/full air filter. I bumped up my main jet, and dropped a clip on the needle and it fixed her all up! [thumb]
          K&N Full Air Filter
[3895E9D9-C0BA-4A0F-9DC1-930DCCB7F619_zpsih6gc06e] 
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #5 
Roughly, how many turns out on the fuel screw should I be?

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #6 
1.5 to 2.5 anymore out go to next size up on pilot!

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Jetting can't be done 100% sitting in the garage unless you have a way to load ie dyno rolling road form of dyno  . The bog you have could be a ton's of things, ie pilot jetting, leak jetting, accelerator pump duration and timing, I could go on and on.  From your mods in your signature I would say to start one pilot size up ,  two sizes up on main jet make needle two clip spots richer. Then you will either need to do plug chops or get a A/f meter or get it on a dyno .

Reply with quote  #8 
The stock pilot jet is a 45 right?

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #9 
I'd push that a/f to around 2 turns out before you mess with any more jets that's wound up tight in there

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #10 
I ended up getting the idle back down, but quit messing with it after that. It still had a bog when I revved it and I am at 1.5 turns out right now.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #11 
Does a hanging idle mean a to lean pilot jet or to lean on the fuel screw? Or both?

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #12 
It usually means a lean mixture... or a binding throttle.  I'd start by spending a few bux and getting one of these   http://www.amazon.com/Racing-Products-Flex-Jet-Remote-FLEX-TECH/dp/B005UGFIYC   .  Its well worth the cash.   

Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #13 
I just bought a fuel screw, but it wasn't a flex jet. Could it have to do with the kiwi spring mod?

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #14 
Its possible the spring mod isn't pulling the slide back down completely, but I doubt it.  Did you happen to remove the slide?  If so, you may have put that plate on upside down. 

The R&D is so much easier to use than any other. 

AlliedCeaser

Reply with quote  #15 
x2 on the R&D remote screw. Worlds easier, and no risk of falling out.
          K&N Full Air Filter
[3895E9D9-C0BA-4A0F-9DC1-930DCCB7F619_zpsih6gc06e] 
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #16 
Guess I should of listened to everybody and went with a flex jet. I was tightning the fuel screw, making sure not to make sure it was too tight and then the tip just snaps off. Anyone know how to remove it. I took apart the case and tried pushing it out from the top.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #17 
Ive never snapped off the very tip, but id think if you removed the PAJ and blew compressed air into the hole that it should dislodge it.  You might even be able to remove the pilot jet and put your finger over the PAJ opening (on the inlet of the carb) and blow air into the pilot jet hole and blow it out.  Im just throwing ideas out there....

Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #18 
Finally got the tip removed. Flex jet is on it's way.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #19 
Finally got it back up and running well again. When I did the kiwi spring mod, I took the spring out and when I put it back in it had no tension on it. I put it back in right and now no hanging idle. Thanks everybody for your help.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.