Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #1 
Ok I need some help for the Polaris Gurus.
  I've got an IMS oversize tank on my 07 Outlaw and the fuel petcock outlet pretty much points right at the cylinder head and the hose gets pretty warm.  I put insulation around the hose and it didn't seem to matter, its  still warm.  So I'd like to find a petcock that has the outlet pointing down (vertical) instead of horizontal.  Anyone have any ideas of what would fit or where I could buy one?

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
outlaw525

KHill118
Reply with quote  #2 
I would think it would be fairly universal. It should be just like stock and not be an issue I have never had an issue with my ims with vapor lock or anything like that
-IXCR #118
08' KTM 450xc
10' Polaris Outlaw 576 XCR 
07' Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS 

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Outlaw525, Ive been trying to track down what appears to be fuel problem that only occurs after I'm riding for an hour or so in temps over about 80 degrees.   I've put heat sheets on the bottom of the tank and insulated the lines but it doesn't seem to help.  Ive even loosened the cap when it starts happening in case its a venting problem, no change.  It starts acting lean, like its out of gas, and it'll idle a little rough.  It won't take more than 1/2 throttle without stumbling or dying and starts popping real bad on de-acceleration. I can turn the idle mixture screw out (richer) and it'll idle better, but then later after it cools down, its too rich at idle.  I swapped carbs and  it didnt make any difference.  I've replaceced the intake tube between the head and carb in case its some kind of small crack that expands when it heats up.  I changed spark plug, but no difference. Ive checked all the connections and put grease on them, the only souce of heat I can find to affect the fuel temp would be the line up against the head (which has insulation around it so I don't see that could be it). 

I'm going to test the coil this weekend to see if its getting weak (simply because I'm out of ideas). 

I took some measurements and the spacing seems to be 34mm on the petcock, which is about the same as Yamaha uses.  I think I'll try to keep my eyes open for one in ebay for cheap to experiment with... it can't make the problem worse and it'll clean up the fuel line routing.   

Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #4 
pingel makes some really nice billet petcocks. those pingel valves can be adjusted to point where you want the fuel line to go. plus they make afew different styles. anything that fits the Yamaha should fit the outlaw or predator.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks, the Pingels are kinda pricey just for me to narrow down a problem... but they sure are pretty.  lol 

Thanks!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.