Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
skurj

The Mechanically Challenged
Reply with quote  #1 
Had a significant leak from my weep hole (not a medical condition) and figured I needed to replace the seals in the pump.  Watched the youTube video, got all my parts......can't get the impeller off.

Its not near as easy as the video shows.  I can't find any place in town that has the larger snap rings he uses in the video and my slightly smaller pair just won't cut it.  tried gently pulling with pliers but it won't budge.  Had to walk away from the project cause I was losing my temper with such a small issue. 

Any ideas?  I bought another impeller just in case I found the one worn so destroying it won't be an issue......

EDIT:
a little patience and some firm but steady pressure with some pliers I was able to pull it off.
Dunph

Reply with quote  #2 
i'm glad you fixed your leaky weep hole..
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #3 
If I remember right, you can sometimes thread a couple small sheet metal screws into the little holes just a little and you can grab those with pliers or vice grips. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Kmack

Reply with quote  #4 
And a good thing it wasn't a medical problem because that impeller problem would be small fries compared to fixing the other "weep hole" that you have. LOL!!!!!

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
Dunph

Reply with quote  #5 
Bah dmp tchhhh!
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.