Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
skurj

The Mechanically Challenged
Reply with quote  #1 
Last ride with my son his Outlaw 525 S just wouldn't start after a ride.  The ignition just buzzes, doesn't even try to turn over.  What is the most likely cause? He has since moved away so I need to get this fixed and running so I can sell it it for him.
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #2 
Starter solenoid.... And or dead battery

KTM XC 554 2009, lots of trick stuff, 68hp / 44 ft lbs of brute force, ultra lite crank & lite flywhee, full JB / PEP suspension all wrapped in white plastic

Polaris 525 IRS 2011, the new toy ! LSR A arms, shortened Front MXR shocks & custom springs, PP bumper, nerfs and rear grab bar, Revalved and resprung rear end, FUJ lowering blocks, FUJ adj sway bar. Taper bars / hand guards / Trail tech GPS unit.
Engine: Yoshi slip on, kiwi custom intake, hi flo water pump, Modded carb (41mm rejetted & adj accel pump).
next round of mods: 8-33 cam / fastway steering damper / BB kit /lite flywheel all on the shelf waiting for install........

LTR 495 2007, 200 hrs and still going like a rocket, BB kit transformed this engine + yoshi motard cams, it hauls.
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #3 
Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I just had to clean of the battery terminals with a wire brush and I started right up.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
skurj

The Mechanically Challenged
Reply with quote  #4 
So I swapped batteries with my working Outlaw and still no dice.  Where is the starter solenoid?  easy to replace?

ahhhh....sorry.  Nevermind.  Found it in the service manual.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.