Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Pudgie5150

Reply with quote  #1 
My quad took a bad wreck it was working be for I let it sit 3 years later I put a new battery and nothing no power at all what could it be today I'm go buy a new starter solenoid but they say it might not be that and I haven't check the fuse yet later today I will any ideas need help want to ride asap
Dunph

Reply with quote  #2 
CHECK THE FUSE WIRES AND CONNECTIONS BEFORE TRYING TO DIAG THROUGH HERE. 3 YEARS OF SITTING IS MORE THAN LIKELY A CORRODED CONNECTION. CHECK THE PLUG ON THE BARS, KEY PLUG AND GROUND WIRE FIRST. COULDN'T HURT TO CLEAN THEM ANYWAY
2016 2500hd
2003 GMC Sierra 1500hd Quadrasteer Yes i know my rear wheels are crooked! http://www.youtube.com/user/dustinwpearce
Commi-chusetts
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #3 
It is super easy to check the solenoid,use a screwdriver to jumper the lugs, if it turns over with the screwdriver, and not the switch, your solenoid is bad. My guess is your connections are corroded. Take the cables off the solenoid and wire brush them good, re-install. If that dont work, do the same to the starter connections. Just for shits and giggles, try pulling in the clutch lever when you try to start it.If that dont work let us know,we will go from there. I replaced the fuseable links on my Preddy's, with 20 amp auto-reset marine fuses.If it gets to that, I can help you with some pics/advice.All your power comes from the engine side of that solenoid,if its not the connects at solenoid, then the links may have blown that supply lighting,CDI etc..
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.