Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Deere61200

Reply with quote  #1 
this weekend my outlaw decided to keep cutting out on me. would be running it, then just shut off like its loosing gas. i let it cool down a bit then it would start up again. run it for a bit then die. guessing its the coil or spark plug. Any ideas?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
You might check to see if the fuel filter is plugged or the screen in the tank.  Also, you may want to be sure your vent isn't plugged (remove the cap and see if it fixes the problem).

Beyond that, if it were me, as soon as it quit and didn't start, I'd grab another spark plug, hook your plug wire to it, ground the spark plug and turn the engine over to see if it was sparking.  At least you could determine if it was a spark problem. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #3 
It's most likely the pulser  coil. ktm part # 59039034000 or Polaris part # 4011799

Reply with quote  #4 
Tried swapping out the spark plug when it happened again. No spark at all. Now to wait till it wants to run again so i can drive back homeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Although I really haven't had any issues with my CDI, I carry a spare "just in case".  You might see if someone around you will let you borrow it for testing purposes.  Or you could buy a cheap used one off Ebay and keep it in your toolbox just in case you need it later. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.