Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone have any experience with these brand A-Arms?  

I need to replace the arms on my "R" and these two brands are all over eBay.  They are both +2 +1 but I am not sure if I want to go with a +2 +1.  Ideally I do not want to go over +1 but these offer both camber and caster adjustments where most others in this price range and above do not.

I can order LSR +1 arms for around 500 or have custom JD Performance ones made (in any length), regular or maximum ground clearance for around 475 - 550.

Any input or experiences with these products is welcomed.

SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
525polaris10

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Both great companies IMO. American star is made in USA and there a bunch off good people. Really solid stuff. I haven't had any issues with my hd tierods for 4 years. There about the only thing that has lasted.
Full flight has some cool looking arms. My buddy had them on his lt250r in blue and they were really nice.
I like both but I feel I'd go with full flights for the looks

2010 IRS http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/My-IRS-build-6344146?trail=#1
2007 Ktm 250 xcf-w
2012 klx250 supermoto
2008 silverado
I'd like to thank my sponsors-Chase, Paypal, and PPR
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #3 
The reason for the new arms is that the lower ball joints are not replaceable on the R's.  Could not freaken believe it.  I am not sure if I want to go with a +2 +1 though.  It will definitely be more stable, and I do not ride tight trails so I guess it would be okay but this more of an MX arm.

And I cant send my shocks off to be serviced until I figure out what arms I will be running.

What to do, what to do...

SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #4 
I think I would go with the asr I think from what I read their joints seem to hold up the longest. +2 +1 is the way to go I think unless it is too tight for tight woods. Everywhere else it will be amazing. If you still want to keep it as narrow as possible run some 4/1 wheels on those +2 arms.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I already have some 4/1 wheels. It looks like ARS are chomoly where Fullflight is dom tubing.  If I am not mistaken chromoly would be better (both are the same thickness).

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #6 
these guys will do a standard width thru plus 3 i think i would still go with the asr but i though i would post these 2 up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX250R-A-ARMS-/301094868406?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461aa715b6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX250R-A-ARMS-/300828777478?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460acadc06&vxp=mtr

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I've heard good and bad about them.  Not sure what to think to be honest (my local shop had a hard time dealing with them for a warranty issue).  The blems are a decent price but the think the ASR have heavier duty components. 

ASR has the brake lines, tie rods with ends and camber/caster adjustable arms for 539.00.  Still more than I want to pay but it is a pretty complete package.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #8 
eah that is the very one I would be looking at also. Those items add up fast when you need to get them later. I have heard of a few folks having issues with burgard not fixing things. I have never heard of an issue with asr that was not taken care of right away.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #9 
I'd vote JD arms.  I've got a set on my LTR and like them.  The adjustment system is super easy and you can get them in any color you want at no extra charge.  He's also great to talk with on the phone if you have any questions.  He knows his stuff.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #10 
JD makes great products.  I really like the MGC's but the lead time on them stinks.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
outy027

Reply with quote  #11 
American star is a solid company I run their tie rods over Walsh because I like them better, also if your ends go bad they'll replace them for free, atleast they did for me. Fantastic customer service . Can't vouche much for jd as I don't know anything about them.

2015 season. 2010 mx/xc collab build in the works. 
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Here's another option....Jody Bateman Racing. He's up near
me, and has built arms and swingers for the 250Rs for many
years. He be a good one to talk to, and may have some stuff
still lying around.

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Hook me up Fuj!

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.