Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
I was looking at the front end of my quad and I noticed that my front tire is tilted out on the top and in on the bottom I was looking straight on at the quad is something bent I know I didn't hit anything is there any way to fix it I will try to take some pics
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
YOU NEED TOO  LOOK INTO TOE-IN/OUT ADJUSTMENT

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #3 
I CANT FIND THE THREAD MAN SORRY I KNOW SOMEON WILL HAVE A LINK FOR YOU

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
cobra131

Reply with quote  #4 
I think the best way to explain it is the tire looks like this \ as if the quad is jacked up in the air took a good look at my a arms not bent or even tweeked at all
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #5 
Hey Cobra, check my post to 1badpredator "confused". The shocks and other front end parts dont wear evenly, as a result you end up with wheels at different caster ie.-/ or camber ie.-\ . The further you crank the shock spring down, pulls the tires in. The less tension, tires out. There is no adjustment with the stock set-up. If you want to be able to adjust them there is a cheaper way of adjusting than new arms. I took a stock set of upper arm's and cut the stock mount tubes off. I then bought some grade 8, 5/8"-18 nuts, and welded them to the ends of the arms. I then bought some 5/8" Heim joints and some spacers and bushings to fit. I overdrilled the frame mounts to 1/2" and put in billet bushings, the stock holes tend to get wallowed out. I put these arms on my "Predarail" and im pretty sure there are pics of these on it, just look at my past posts under "Predarail". I basically made a copy of the top "Full Flight" "A" arms im so fond of. Doing this will allow you about 1+ in. of total adjustment. You'll want both front tires straight up and down,WITH you on it. You will have to cut some of the actual arm off too,and it is critical to cut off just the right amount to give you maximum adjustment BOTH ways. If this sounds like something anyone wants to try, I recommend getting a set of upper arms on ebay, and trying it. Probably not a good idea to do to your existing ones, in case you screw up!!! I think I cut mine too short first time, but I justed welded on another nut on each side and they were perfect. You will also need some bushings and spacers.You could build these for about a $100 including arms. Hope this helps. 
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #6 
The post is on 4/28/13 "Preddy" single rail project, look at the second photo. Looking at it now I remember, I didn't use 5/8"nuts, I used 5/8" gd. 8 bolts and female Heims. Simply cut the heads off and slide them into tubes at whatever length is right, and weld them in. If you build and install everything before you weld it, you can simply screw on the Heim halfway, hop on the quad, set tires vertically staight, then tack weld. Then just remove them and finish welding/grinding/painting etc...
03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.