Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #1 
So me and my two buddies went out yesterday and had a blast.  We were ripping all day until around 3 when my friend who also has an outlaw, kept having issues with power loss and backfiring.  The whole day his machine was running perfect, and then out of no where it started bogging randomly.  We checked the air filter first to make sure there was no water entering through the filter and then we drained the carb to make sure there was no water in there as well.  We were riding mostly muddy trails (will post video later), and snow.  

He is not a member on here yet (though i have him rocking a PPR sticker!), he wanted to see if you guys have any input as to what the issue could be.  He is going to swap in a new spark plug tonight and just give everything a once over.  On a side note, i tried to get a video of his machine backfiring as it kept making a sick blue flame lol, probably a bad thing but looked awesome lol.

Here is the video by the way:

pattyballs

Reply with quote  #2 
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #3 
I had an almost identical issue with a predator and it turned out to have a few of the dummy light wires smashed and randomly shorting out. On another predator I had a few of the rectifier wires rubbed through and shorting out randomly.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
pattyballs

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks!  I will let him know and see if that is the problem.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.