Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
KTM555

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my rear shock on my polaris outlaw 450 mxr. I was thinking about having the stock rear shock revalved but I might just buy a fox podium x rear shock. I was wondering though if you still have to trim the rear shock mount or not with it since i'm going to flip the shock around (resi towards motor)? Also, I've seen a few outlaws with remote resi fox rear shocks but fox only sells the podium x as a piggyback? Can the podium x be converted to a remote resi? Thanks.
AlliedCeaser

Reply with quote  #2 
Buy a podium x rear?? Your MXR does not have a podium x in the rear? And yes, if you want to flip the shock around towards the engine, you will need to trim down the frame a TINY bit for the shock to clear all the way. Also, to have the shock flipped around, you would need a custom air box/intake setup, or the res will not fit. Hope this info helps, other members will help with your other questions.
          K&N Full Air Filter
[3895E9D9-C0BA-4A0F-9DC1-930DCCB7F619_zpsih6gc06e] 
KTM555

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes it does have a fox podium x rear shock stock. I guess I should've been more clear. I think I'm going to upgrade to the high and low speed compression adjustable fox podium x rear shock that fox sells for it. I'm already working on the custom intake based heavily off of strubby's intake. I've already modified and lowered the subframe. Only difference is I'm using a pvc pipe that goes from 3.5" to 4.5" (and will probably fab up a metal pipe that goes from the oval ktm intake to a round filter) so I can use a kfx450 fuel customs air filter. Looks kinda tight but it should work when I'm done with it. Back to the shock though, I guess I'll go ahead and trim the shock mount so it clears with the stock shock. Thanks.
Xpred

Reply with quote  #4 
Call PEP and they can convert your shock over to there awesome zero preload shocks with quad or triple rate springs.

Reply with quote  #5 
get an 03 predator shock and have it revalved and redone with a longer resy hose. i did that for a while, and i thought it was an excellent upgrade. i HATED the stock fox rears that were on there. the pred shock is also shorter and will lower your ride height very comfortably and also it solves the trimming. it flips around just perfect without trimming. just my 2 cents. i rebuilt one myself a couple weeks ago and know a little bit more about the 03 pred ones. every bit as good with some love and moolah!

2015 season. 2010 mx/xc collab build in the works. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.