Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Logan Bryant

Reply with quote  #1 
I just put a fmf q4 on my outlaw 525. It had backfired before and I really didn't care about it, but now it is really recognizable, so I was thinking about putting a jet kit in it but didn't know which one to put in it to match the fmf q4 exhaust

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Deadman

Reply with quote  #2 
Before you mess with a jet kit, I would SEAL your exhaust up really well.  The headers are known to lean by the engine, so pay close attention to that area.  
You MIGHT need to add a touch more fuel, so just let the guys on here chime in and they can tell you exactly what your stock jetting is, so you can just go buy a $5 jet instead of wasting money on a BS jet "kit".   

Reply with quote  #3 
I put some high temp silicon on the mid pipe/header.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #4 
They leak right at the header/motor joint.  With the FMF pipe, the sealing at the header/silencer joint is worse so that's why the backfiring got worse when you installed it.  Stock jetting is fine as long as you leave the airbox lid in tact.

Reply with quote  #5 
My header is stock. I just put on a slip on.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Deadman

Reply with quote  #6 
Thats the problem, the stock header leaks, TRUST US on this one!

Reply with quote  #7 
How do I seal it?

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Deadman

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Bryant
How do I seal it?

Best way, weld that bitch on solid!

Otherwise, cut the 2 header pipes off just a little bit do the manifold can drop into the header a littlemore. Then silicone

Reply with quote  #9 
Just tried it deadman, and It worked!! Thanks deadman.

[image11_zpsa7ea1328]
Deadman

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Bryant
Just tried it deadman, and It worked!! Thanks deadman.

Good deal! Helped mine too. Welding it finally 100% cured it. It never ever popped again.

Reply with quote  #11 
I dont get it, my header pipe is sealed on great... not a single sign of leaking, but I am having the hardest time jetting....
          K&N Full Air Filter
[3895E9D9-C0BA-4A0F-9DC1-930DCCB7F619_zpsih6gc06e] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.