Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Aaron525IRS

Reply with quote  #1 
I've had a few Raptor 700's over the years, and still have one along with my 2007 525 IRS I got last spring.  I notice this KTM requires a lot of clutching to get moving and in technical woods situations.  Just seems finicky and lacks low end grunt.  Stall prone and is sometimes hard to restart.  Is this normal?  The reason I ask is my Raptor seems a lot more ride-able and hardly ever stalls out unless I really screw up, lol.  I do like the Outlaw, just want it more trail friendly.

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
VALVES IN SPEC? IDLE HIGH ENOUGH? 

I DONT HAVE ISSUES WITH MINE AND I HARDLY RIDE IT, MATTER OF FACT IT HASNT BEEN STARTED SINCE THE DUNE TRIP IN JUNE AND I CRANKED IT SUNDAY AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP NO CHOKE AT ALL

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
Deadman

Reply with quote  #3 
The KTM is ALL torque, you need to figure out what yours needs….

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm with the rest I do not have those issues at all. I started mine yesterday 90F air temp no choke fired off first time, i haven't started it since march of this year. If you are stalling out check the oil level in the clutch mines was low once cuasing this issue.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #5 
or check the fuel tank vent.  I had a pinched vent hose once and it would stall and be hard to start. I put a vented cap on it and it never had those issues again.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #6 
 a question back at you , I have a 06 raptor 700r that wont hold a idle I cleaned everything and it still shuts off at idle . I even tried turning up the idle screw and it still just shuts off, any ideas why?
Dadda

Reply with quote  #7 
Brictucky: Does it have throttle safety switch ? If it do, unplug it and try if it´s ok then. Best thing i did to my outlaw was putting the snowmobile tether cord/kill switch [smile]

Reply with quote  #8 
my 06 Yamaha raptor 700 doesn't have any wires going to the throttle, never did either. the clutch handle wires has been cut.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.