Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Outlaw72

Reply with quote  #1 
I am having problems with the carb bog, and this is my first quad with an fcr. The diaphragm really lagged the throttle linkage.   I did the oring mod and it worked but I was worried it will eventually break.  I thought about using the wire tie method too.  I watched the pump squirt and decided to try a little trial and error and put the accelerator pump bowl spring on the inside of the diaphragm instead of the outside .  It seems to be working great with a strong stream of gas.  Can someone explain what the real problem is that I have to put the spring on the inside.  I don't believe its suppose to be like that according to the diagram.  I thought maybe the diaphragm is bad.  If its not bad does anyone suggest a shorter spring and that may cure the bog issue?  It has a 160 main  and 48 pilot and a blocked leak jet that I assume is factory.  With no mod at all I had to assist the ap to fully extend as it would stop short of full squirt.  Has aftermarket headers and unifilter.  Getting ready to take it out on the trails for a test run.
Outlaw72

Reply with quote  #2 
Just to update, it ran great with the ap bowl spring on the inside of the diaphragm instead of the outside.  Just don't know where to go from here to make it work as it was designed, ie different diaphragm stud length, shorter pump bowl spring installed correct way, leak jet?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.