Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Deere61200

Reply with quote  #1 
I've been thinking about modifying my 1995 Polaris Indy sport (wedge chassis) for drag races. Want to swap the engine to a 600 VES and swap the track for a Walsh drag track. Possibly swap the skid. Anyone have any input?
Bings outlaw

Reply with quote  #2 
Is the sport liquid cooled? If not you'll have no heat exchangers.
Deere61200

Reply with quote  #3 
Free air. I should be able to add a heat exchanger though. Can find them on Craigslist for a decent price.
Deere61200

Reply with quote  #4 
And also the rear suspension doesn't move a lot, don't know why, but it should be good enough for racing.
Bings outlaw

Reply with quote  #5 
Do u have the sled the 600 came from? Cdi from 600? That would be best imo also check out walh bros racing.
Deere61200

Reply with quote  #6 
I don't have the engine yet but ill buy a cdi if it doesn't have one
Bings outlaw

Reply with quote  #7 
You might be better off buying a sled with the 600ves and starting from there. Putting that motor in a chassis it never came with will require some fab skills for motor mounts adding coolers, getting exhaust to fit etc. you'll have enough work just getting it run fast with clutching,jetting chassis set up.
Deere61200

Reply with quote  #8 
My uncle sponsors a team that races 440 champ oval sleds, so I might be able to get some help on clutching from them. Also found a drive clutch that can be adjusted without being taken apart. I might just put the radiator on to of the tunnel with a fan hooked up instead of in the tunnel. Motor mounts and the radiator will probably be the hardest. This Screenshot (2).png  is the clutch I found 

Deere61200

Reply with quote  #9 
I'm looking at some posts on the internet about clutching, and basically I would need a stiffer primary springs and lighter weights for a higher rpm engagement. Would have to tune it though
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.