Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
spudnik

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a new to me 525 2010 IRS with about [I'm guessing] 20 hrs on it. Bought last year in Oregon and it ran great at the dunes for a day and then I brought it home and it ran good for one ride here before I put it away with gas stabilizer for the winter. With winter over I started riding it again and after 5 to 10 min of riding it would start running poorly at anything under 1/3 throttle, would not idle and stall when adding power. I would have to nurse the RPM up and then ride home. Stripped the carb down and found no issues took it for another ride and same problem. Looked at swapping the carb out with a spare I have but could not hook up the pump line. Swapped out the pulsor coil and that also did not cure it. Today I will look at swapping coils but I'm not really thinking this is the problem. The carb is not running out of gas but might be over fuelling although I don't think so. If I let the machine sit and idle for long periods of time after start up it runs fine. Seems to need to be run before it acts out. Rad fan works properly and sicles nicely. Anyone have any ideas. Tom

03predxc

Reply with quote  #2 
Have you tried draining the gas and replacing with new?
spudnik

Reply with quote  #3 
No I have not tried fresh gas but I will, good point, I have 4 month old aviation fuel in it with stabilizer. Carb looked great so it didn't occur to me. Runs fantastic for the first five minutes till it totally warms up. Have not checked valve lash either but the dealer that I purchased from said they did and tight valves usually means poor starting. This one starts like a charm but I will get to that also as I am grasping at straws right now. 
shamrock246

Reply with quote  #4 
Check valve clearance.Which grade of Av gas are you running?

08 Outlaw 525 IRS,grease fitting mod on the rebuilt rear,grease fitting mod on steering system,grease fitting mod on front hubs,UNI airfilter

2013 Outlaw 90 (son's) UNI airfilter,grease fitting mod to SRA housing 
spudnik

Reply with quote  #5 
Havn't been able to work on it for a few days, I am running 101av gas.
spudnik

Reply with quote  #6 
that's 100 ll av gas. turned out to be the coil was bad.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.