Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Sea2sky

Reply with quote  #1 
So the bolts were so rusted on my exhaust that when I went to service the spark arrester they all snapped of with not even an 1/8 of a turn of the wrench. I came up with a quick and easy solution minus the spark arrester. Working as fabricator I came up with a design and built this today. Let me know what you guys think. It's made out of 304 grade stainless with the stock diameter tubing and a "make you're own exhaust gasket pad" With some new bigger socket head 5/16-24 machine screws. I swapped the hole pattern upside down so that I can drill and tap new holes into the exhaust. Trying to save some money and spent $13 total.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 29, Size: 842.62 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 22, Size: 1.03 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 31, Size: 1018.47 KB 

05pred500

Reply with quote  #2 
Looks very professional. And the cool part is nobody else will have a tip quite like that one.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
drummerdave

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice!
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Nice piece of work. Swap out the bolts with some
stainless button heads, and don't forget the anti-
sieze.

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #5 
Nice mod. It's cheap, custom, and unique - cant beat that. Hopefully its protected in some way to prevent injury to tailgaters. I remember one time a buddy of mine was riding his first quad (late 80's/early 90's Kawasaki 250 something) and it had no heel cups (foot wells). He tried to follow my brother's Outlaw up a steep hill climb, and somehow he got both of his boots behind the foot pegs, and stalled the engine half way up (going too slow in too high of a gear). The quad stopped, and started rolling backwards down the hill. I was watching all of this from a close distance at the bottom of the hill, as I was keeping an eye on the new rider. With no other options in sight, I hit the gas hard, dropped the clutch, smashed my Outlaw into the back of his quad just as he was starting to pick up speed going backwards down the hill (with his boots tethering him to the quad). The roar of my engine, a loud metal on metal impact, followed by a brief ominous silence. Locking all of my brakes, combined with his stalled engine kept both quads in place, and his backwards decent came to an abrupt end. The next thing anyone heard was my brother yelling down from the top of the hill "HOLY SHIT! GOOD SAVE MAN!". My brother's jaw was on the ground as this all happened, as he watched helplessly from the top of the hill. The interesting part is that the new rider had no idea what had happened or what went wrong, and had no idea what the danger level was or what injuries he just avoided. Anyway, the point is that the exhaust top looks very cool, but also resembles the tip of a hypodermic needle. I assume it doesn't stick out too far though, and your rear grab bar should offer some protection.
Sea2sky

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the input guys! Here's some pics of it installed. It's hard to tell but it doesn't stick out that much at all, the grab bar would get smashed into before the exhaust would.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 15, Size: 1.03 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 14, Size: 1.14 MB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.