Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
gsxrrx7

Reply with quote  #1 
2128006.gif 

I bought a 2005 predator not running, I was told the timing chain jumped which didn’t happen the valve lash was just way to tight, in fact there was no clearance at all. Anyway, I need to know the order or get a confirmation on how the clutch assembly goes back together as I believe someone has been messing with it. In the parts break down, does #2 Distance Collar fit directly against the case ball bearing without a washer or anything else behind it? There was a washer behind it when I took it apart I think it is #4 thrust washer as there was nothing in-between the inner and outer clutch baskets #3 and #5.
is this how it is assembled?And nothing goes behind the collar?

is this the thrust washer #7?(picture below)

05pred500

Reply with quote  #2 
Yup that diagram looks correct if I remeber right. That collar goes right against the bearing. Should be a washer between the inner & outer basket and one inbetween the nut and outer basket. Put it together as the diagram shows and you should be good, I will dig around for some pictures to confirm this.
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.