Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
70oldsracer

Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone know if the CFM scoops for the outlaw 500 will fit on a 2008 Outlaw 525 S?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm nearly positive they'll fit. I've got a pair of Rath scoops on my 2007 it's and Rath lists them to fit all years. They do require a fair amount of cutting and trimming to fit on the 07, especially if you choose to keep your radiator guard - which I recommend you do.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
70oldsracer

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the reply, doesn't look like anyone really uses this forum anymore. I had read that the Rath scoops required some trimming, so that's why I was looking into the CFM scoops. I was hoping they were more of a direct bolt in. Is there another Polaris forum that is a little more up to date?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
There are some other sites but they don't usually have much to do with our sport type quads... It's all sxs and utvs these days. The Rather bolt directly to the 4 bolts that hold the guard in place. I think any of the scoops require modding the outlaw plastics to fit.

70oldsracer

Reply with quote  #5 
Okay, thanks again. Any reason i should go with the Rath over the CFM or visa versa?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #6 
I think I picked the Rath because it was on sale. Here where I can ride in temps of 90-100+ I needed everything I could to keep temps down. I deleted the thermostat and added a Fluidyne radiator. Later I added a second fan and now it'll run all day in any temps and not ever get over 190. You are welcome to PM me if you need any help and I will give my # and you are welcome to text me.

Outlawman

Reply with quote  #7 
What are the scoops? Sorry I’m new to the 525 and just looking to do some mods. Not sure where to start and would appreciate any info
70oldsracer

Reply with quote  #8 
I started with a slip on competition muffler from HMF, better air filter set up and a jet kit. The scoops are to help direct air flow to the radiator in hopes of keeping the 525 running cooler. Good luck.
Outlawman

Reply with quote  #9 
Thnx. Cant wait to do some mods. Not sure what to do. Any suggestion?
Outlawman

Reply with quote  #10 
Is that the only company that make scoops for the 525?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #11 
Rath makes them too.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.