Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
krigl

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys...

I have a Dinli 450 quad, which has a predator 500 fuji engine just with 440 kit instead of standard.
I have a Green air filter, hi-flo aftermarket, and modified exhaust that is now straight through, like the HMFs... Last year I have put in the DJ kit along with intake and exhaust mods, I also did the carb slide mod by driling 1/8" holes, did not cut the spring tho... Diled in with O2 gauge. 170main, clip 2nd from blunt end, 2,5 turns on pilot screw... 
At the time I could reach the rev limit without any issues.
This year after the winter I hooked up the O2 and went out again, low, mid, and WOT stay in the 13 a/f ratio, just cant get it to bounce off the rev limit?

Any thoughts?

I have changed the sprockets and tire dimensions, but I figure, it should hit the rev limit anyway in 3rd gear?

It sounds, that it is close, but just not there yet...
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
I would try dropping the clip on the needle to the 3rd position. If that is better great. Then I would try a 165 main jet. Just do one change at a time see if it gets better or worse.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
krigl

Reply with quote  #3 
OK...

A bit strange...
I tried the needle, too rich unfortunately in the mid range...
Then tried the jet 165, no luck...
Tried combination, no luck...And lean on top...
Then put the needle back to 2nd from blunt end and up the main to 175... Eureka...
Found the rev limiter after all.

This seams to run good now.

Just need now to find a right alignment for front end, I have fully adjustable A-Arms and I am going from offroda to onroad setup, which include the Moris Mini front tiers 10" (far superior grip than any other ATV road tiers) and Maxxis Spearz on the back end.

For now it has been a pain for dialing in the front end, it is so twitchi in the corners, straights are OK now, but corners are a disaster.

The offroad setup was a treat, lots of room for error, but still drivable OK, but this road tieres it seams that they require a perfect aignment.
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
if your going to run it on road get a front swaybar and set it up neutral.  It will take out the front end roll in the corners and will perform both on and off road.
krigl

Reply with quote  #5 
Good point, I will look into this...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.