Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys so its been awhile since i have posted but im having a on-going problem with my breaks. My breaks appear to be sticking. When they are cold you don't notice any drag on the quad but soon as you start driving fast they seem to be warming up and then sticking. It's after that you feel like you are driving with the breaks on slightly all the time. I have bled the breaks completely twice i made sure there was no air in the lines or master cylinder. I took off all my calipers to check for anything binding. I also put anti-seize on the moving parts of the calipers in case that was it. Anyhow i can't figure this out any insight would be awesome. Maybe somone here has had this issue to. Im thinking about getting a new master cylinder maybe from a trx450r i hear those work well with our front breaks. Could it be a bad master cylender that would cause that? Thanks for any help or advice. 
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #2 
No one?
LE Nick

Reply with quote  #3 
The 450R master will help a bit, but won't solve your brake dragging issue.  Do the rotors get hot to the touch after riding without using the front brakes?

Reply with quote  #4 
I'll have to test that out the next time im out. I would assume because my other friend has a outlaw and we both stopped to take a break and my calipers where really warm where his were not. we were doing around the same amount of breaking on the trail just following each other. 
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Is your brake handle releasing all the way?  If not, it will cause the brakes to drag (and get hotter than crap), and can even lock them up until they cool.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #6 
Also, my outlaw brakes have a little hex head adjuster on the calipers that have to be adjusted so the brakes don't drag too much (or get too far from the rotor).  If they are to tight it will cause them to drag and overheat.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks TxOutlawRider. I didn't even think to check that.  That could be a part of it. I got my trx450 master cylinder in today hopefully i can get it in tomorrow before work. ill be curious to see if this fixes anything. thanks for all the input guys it's nice to have helpful people on these forums. 
48puller

Reply with quote  #8 
im having the same problem. my fronts are constantly dragging slightly and have bled them. did the 450r master cylinder help out your problem?
six pack rack on the back!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.