Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Sea2sky

Reply with quote  #1 
So I toke my quad to get the a arm bushings done by a new shop which is not a Polaris dealer. I toke it out for one light ride and I have allready noticed the a arm bushings on the top back has play. When you place you're hand and move it towards the suspension and away from the suspension it moves towards the rear of the quad and to the front of the quad 3/16. The bushings now have an 1/8 of and inch gap in between the a arm bushing and the a arm tube and is puking grease. Is this normal?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
Any chance you could post up some pics so we could see if something was installed wrong or maybe something is missing? 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Sea2sky

Reply with quote  #3 
Here some pics

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 23, Size: 1.22 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 21, Size: 1.06 MB 

05pred500

Reply with quote  #4 
I have the same situation as you, just not quite to that extreme. I was disappointed after I installed all new pure polaris bushings and still had some slop, somebody correct me if I am wrong but I think that is just the nature of the beast
2005 predator 558 - falicon supercrank w/ knife rod, ss valves, 12.5:1 wiseco, hpd 558, HMF full system, uni, CFM oil tank, pro design tether, suspension work by Monster Performance, HID light kit, ODI Rouge, Kalis Racing riser, Flexx bars, razr/razr2
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Yah, my Outlaw sure don't look like that.  It looks like the shoulder on the replacement bushings are thinner.  Maybe add a couple shims (washers) to keep them from moving.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
andrews525

Reply with quote  #6 
or simply tighten them a bit more to move the tabs in a bit. its not brain surgery .
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #7 

q

joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I think mine are tighter then this. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.