Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
04TLD

Reply with quote  #1 
Alright so here's the story.. My buddy has a 2013 yfz450 that's bone stock and my step brother has one that has a big bore kit, pipe and cams.. The bone stock one I beat on my 04 with just a pipe. Not even jetted properly yet and the rider was about 150 pounds lighter. Then my brother rode against the other yfz that's modded and beat him on a straight away.. Does this make sense? 9 years of technology and the supposed best quad there is and a mostly stock predator beats them? How can people on other forums say preds are junk and slow?? Any input or is mine running like a rape date because it's about to blow? Lol
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
MOST QUADS ARE LIMITED ON POWER AND CHOKED UP UNTIL YOU PUT THE BIG 3 INTO THEM..........INTAKE,EXHAUST,JETTING/PROGRAMMER...... 

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
04TLD

Reply with quote  #3 
Ahh that makes a lot more sense..
ScramblerXLE

Reply with quote  #4 
The newer carbed YFZ isn't half the bike the '07-'09 carbed bike was...  The BSR kills the over-rev power, steel valves instead of the Ti, single piston front calipers, junk shocks, etc...  It was NOT an evolutionary step forward.  When they brought it back, it was a budget bike that had actually had several things that made it great removed.  That is assuming that you're talking about the carbureted one and not the YFZ450R?
2009 KTM 450XC
2009 KTM 250XC
2005 Predator 558 (project)
2003 Cannondale 440 (project)
2006 KLX 250S
2002 Scrambler X 500
Sold, crashed, or otherwise gone: 2008 YFZ450, 2005 Predator 500 LE, 2007 Outlaw 525, 2003 Cannondale 440
redpred

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
NICE ^^^^^^^^^^^ HAHA I SPACED OUT THE BUDGET ONE THEY RAN FOR A BIT

07 525 irs outlaw {wideload}we
04 r6

n more
04TLD

Reply with quote  #6 
That is correct. Both carbureted. It just didn't make much sense to me because of all I've heard about the yfz450s being Jesus to riders.. I just don't feel all that impressed I guess.. I feel much happier with my predator
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #7 
Just my 2 cents, as a current, longtime,Predator owner/rider, I have had the opportunity to ride/race lots of different quads. I dont sweat the 450's, bye-bye nice try, I have been getting beat by those freakin new 700 Raptors! I of course steer clear of any Banshee in a drag race, although if Im neck and neck in third or fourth, bye-bye nice try. My new 558 pulls extremely hard through 3rd and 4th, I havent seen that Raptor this year yet, so not sure if I can now take him or not, I got new Dune Stars now too! 09-05-15_1330.jpg   

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
04TLD

Reply with quote  #8 
Haha yeah we all have different quads in my family. Brother a 06 trx 450r fresh rebuild, cams and pipe and modded air box, stepbrother a 2013 yfz450 with a big bore kit and pipe, and then step dad a 01 banshee with a 421 serval. The top end on the predators is awesome. I stay right with the 450r until we hit top of third and then take off and I'm 140 pounds heavier than the other rider! It'd be nice to get that banshee somehow but i don't have that deep of wallet
pimpedpredators

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #9 
I do have a secret weapon built just for the Banshee's. Its a lt250r frame with a Suzuki 440 twin air cooled 2 smoke.. its been on my back burner!! P4090244.JPG

03' Predator HPD 558,full HMF, Kibblewhite valvetrain,full port/polish,Dyna FS ,Keihin FCR  w/MP twist,Barnett clutch & billet basket,Trail Tech billet dash,billet Torch lights, H&H 1 1/8" bars,TrailTech"Voyager"GPS, Acerbis gaurds, Full Flight +2 "A" arms,HPD +2 anti.vibe stem and dual stabilizers, custom billet tie rods&heims,frt. roller upgrade,Pro Armor case saver,AC Racing nerfs w/IMS ROLL pegs& shifter, Ballistic battery, +3" swinger,Lonestar +4" axle,Tusk Pro heels, full DG skids,Pro Aluminum grab,Blingstar bumper,UM alum.oil tank,custom radiator,Streamline rotors, AMR Graffix, gussett kit,Race Tech triple rate springs,full custom Fox Podiums w/added front res., ITP SS wheels w/ ITP Sand/Dune Stars for sand, ITP Pro Baja, w/ ITP Holeshot HD's for dirt, 03' Predator 500 (daughters) PP pipe, TRXr carb,PD intake,UNI ,no box,Jardine nerfs,Tusk heels,AC bumper,Trail Tech: fat bars,dash,Vapor,Torches, Razrs on black G-Force for dirt,AMS on red Douglas for sand
Kmack

Reply with quote  #10 
That's pretty cool. Could be a good race.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
04TLD

Reply with quote  #11 
In addition to this! I have a clamp on k an n and pure Polaris exhaust and was able to be a 2014 yfz450r fuel injected in a drag race.. Talk about upsetting people on there $9,000 machine
TooSlow99

Reply with quote  #12 
Based on what i've read in yfzcentral, the 06-09 carbed yfzs with the big 3 make more hp than the fuel injected yfz with the big 3. I haven't had too much time to test out my stock 06 yfz against 525, but the 525 does feel quite a bit stronger. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.