Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
rory71

Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone know where I can get a beefy front bumper that won't block my headlight on the 09 model? It is so low that I think the PRM bumpers will be in the way. Thanks!
FishKU7

Reply with quote  #2 
I never realized the difference between the 08 and 09 headlights!  I was going to say my PRM Baja bumper fits great...

This may be a bit far-fetched as I'm not sure if you're good with a welder or not, but have you considered making your own?  When I had to rebuild my Yamaha YFZ450 front end (after someone took it without asking me and hit a tree head-on at 50mph) I used scrap 1/2" angle iron and 1" conduit.  The four pieces of angle iron served as the contact points on the frame and we bent the conduit to give it an aesthetically pleasing look.  Sand blasted and chrome plated to give it a factory look.

The pictures can be found at this other forum link: http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/25-mid-west/130161-sleeper-quad.html

Just my two cents!  Get creative.  Good luck!

K & N Air Intake
135 dB air dual horns - because I'm obnoxious
PRM-ATV grab bar/front bumper
Maier CF plastics (tank cover, hood, and scoops)
Green "Mood Lighting" [evilgrin0003]

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #3 
Ive got a PRM Baja on my 07 and love it, but I have no idea if it would block any of an 09+ headlights.  But looking at their site the "Dessert II" style looks pretty beefy and shouldn't be in the way of your headlight. 

https://www.prm-atv.com/index.php/polaris/polaris-atv-s/outlaw-450-525-s/product/2868-desert-ii-bumper-outlaw-450-500-525.html

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
rory71

Reply with quote  #4 
I was looking at that one & the baja, pulled pics & judging from the upper mounts I think it will block it. Not a big deal until I'm on the road before sunrise to get to work or the trail! Might end up having to fab one I guess. Thanks!
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
see if any of these will work, I know they clear the 06 to 08. They are lower then the Baja  on My sons 10. He really hasn't noticed his headlight getting blocked down the trail at night.

http://dgperformance.com/dg-performance-models2.php?category=Polaris&model=Outlaw%20450%20/500%20/525IRS/S&appYear=2010&prodType=Bumpers

Reply with quote  #6 
well the moto plate model claims its for the 2010 models, running high prices tho. Thanks for the link!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.