Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
scott70

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, I'm new hear, been looking around at the site for a couple weeks now. I am looking at buying a 525IRS and have read that the 2009 and newer is the better model. The problem I am having is I can't seem to find any for sale. Should I hold out for a 2009 or newer or should I just go ahead and get an 08 or older model? What do the rest of you think? The very few 08's and older that I've seen for sale have been around $3000 to $3500 here in Colorado where I live. Thanks for the advise.
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
They really are both good machines. if you find a deal on a clean 2008 I would not steer clear of it. I would steer clear of a 2007 and earlier models as they had a few more minor issues. if you are not in a big hurry the newer 09+ ones do have some added benefits and they will be a few years newer so I would hold out for one if you can.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
scott70

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the advise. I'm not really in a big hurry, maybe just a little impatient though. Just seems like the 09's and newer are really hard to come by, but I'll just have to keep my eye out.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
Ive got an 07 and love it... but honestly would have been better off starting with an 09 or newer.  The bigger diameter rear rims, lighter and simpler front linkage, and more forward footpegs of the newer ones are nice.  I prefer the dual lights of the older models but that's because I use it allot at night. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
outy027

Reply with quote  #5 
Both body styles are comfortable in their own way. since being on the 09 i cant imagine ever going back, but i also thought i could never change from the 08 style. 09 stuff holds up better as it is lighter, but way harder to find. I think you would be fine with either one, and would definitely find the older style cheaper.

oh by the way... whats up guys! i enjoy dropping in here from time to time.  

2015 season. 2010 mx/xc collab build in the works. 
thatguy

Reply with quote  #6 

I wasn't really looking as I had an LTR450 I was happy with but when a low hours 09 Outlaw went up for sale I became interested as older low hours quads are great buying!

But I didn't actually buy it, as I knew nothing about them. I found out later a friend bought it!

I thought I'd missed out but when he switched to a dirt bike soon after I became it's new owner. Talk about luck!

Similarly I bought a lowish hours 89 TRX250R back in 97 when everyone was convinced they had all been found and thrashed so I'd say one will turn up if you're patient. Gives you time to accumulate parts for it at great prices!

TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
About the only thing I can recommend to any year model that you decide to get, is when you replace the wheel or hub bearings, buy some good ones made in Japan or USA... even India... but avoid using the Chinese ones that you usually find on Ebay (All Balls, etc).  Spend the extra cash and you won't have to replace them constantly.  Once you replace the Hub bearings once you'll understand....

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.