Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
krigl

Reply with quote  #1 

Hi all...

I have been registred on this forum for quite a long time now and I can only give you all my gratitude for being one of the best ATV forums out there.
I realy like the Polaris brand and I would like to own one, but the prices in our country are enormous compared to US. For this reason many of us are owning a Taiwanese ATV, because there are cheaper, but with a little maintenance they are quite good.

Anyway, my name is Blaz and I come from Slovenia in Europe. I own a Dinli 450 Quad. It is basically some kind of Predator 500 rip-of [biggrin], but the most important thing it has is the FUJI engine, but i think with the 440 kit, bulletproof anyway. The cilinder measures 94mm instead of the full Predator 99mm bore. All other things about the engine is the same as the Predators. The body and frame are somewhat diffrent, but i like it for what it is...

Here are some not so cute and some cute pictures of it...

I have put +4in rear axle on it and +2 wider A arms on each side on front.
The engine has a customized original exhaus to enable more flow and a Green filter with modified airbox and a Dynojet kit, all the basics for the predator basically.

I also changed the drive sprockets for a little bit mor of top speed, because we are limited here more to the street use instead of trails, because we have quite strict laws.

This also brings me to the question i have for you guys...
Last week I have recieved what I thought was a DID 520ATV chain from the US, but in the package there was actualy a 525 pitch chain instead.

Has anyone ever put this kind of chain on a predator yet? The main problem I have is getting the right sprocket for the engine?

I have already ordered a 520 pich new chain, but I wouldn want to throw away the 525 one...

Best Regards to all,

Blaz

ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #2 
I have used "knock of brands" are some are OK, but i'm not sure they would hold up in some situations. I have broken a lot of quads, and stuff like the Hyosung or Zongshen brands usually fly apart pretty fast. Main problem I have found is the wheels falling off, and compression issues. But hey, ya ride with what ya got right? Anything with wheels and a motor is better than nothing at all. Can you upload some videos or pictures of your riding area? I would like to see what the trails look like in Slovenia, Europe. 
krigl

Reply with quote  #3 

This one is actually quite a machine, yes I know it is not made for crosscountry races and motocross traks, but it is very reliable compared to ones you have mentioned. The Zongshen are a piece of crap, but the Hyosung are better ones, just the engine is a little problematic. I think it is a copy of the Suzuki engine, and i know they have issues with the crankshaft bearings and cylinder cooling. I have repaired two of them in the last two years, and a friend mechanic a couple, all with same failures.

Sorry, I cannot give you any pictures of the trails, I mostly ride and dont stop for pictures [biggrin]

You could imagine quite dens woods of spruce and beech trees, with ruts and loggers trails for the diehard trail riders. And then other stuff is more or less gravel roads like the Finland Rally but quite narrower. The landscape is quite dense with low hills.

ORION

Reply with quote  #4 

Could you find a picture using Google, and give the link? 

krigl

Reply with quote  #5 

This is what I found on youtube, but most of it is not legal [biggrin]

Some CrossCountry, this was the most wet one last year...

This is a small sample, but the video quality is a bit low.

ORION

Reply with quote  #6 
Looks a lot like Washington state. 
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #7 
Hello and welcome to the site. I am sorry I do not think they make the right pitch sprocket for that chain for the predator. Even worse I have no idea where to find them for you to fit your machine. Can you send the wrong chain back?

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
krigl

Reply with quote  #8 
Yeah I am in the process of returning the item, but if it could be used there would be no sense to send it back.

Ah well, Ill se what can be done.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.