Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
raisingkayne04

Reply with quote  #1 
Looking for one of the aftermarket upgraded rear sway bars (preferably with end links) does anyone know who's currently making them? Also, what's everyone's opinion on steering stabilizers on the irs outlaw
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My version is no longer being made since retirement. There
was a stainless steel one being sold on flea-bay, but I can
not say how it actually works since stainless in any grade
does not make a good torsion bar. Layton was making one
but it was being priced for a rich man and it was non adjustable.

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey Fuj, would you consider firing up the equipment if you had an order for more than one?  I'd sure like to have a spare on hand (and I don't even need the end links, just the bar). 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Fuj

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I just can't at this time. It's not about the money, I just
need to give my personal projects first priority.

Reply with quote  #5 
Layton is the only one I know of besides eBay

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #6 
I used one of the eBay swaybars and it worked fine until I got one from fuj.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
ORION

Site Geographical Custodian
Reply with quote  #7 

Interesting topic. 

Would someone please try this: 

1) Take off the rear sway bar (removing one link is sufficient)
  2) Ride for a few hours on rough terrain 
  3) Report the results 

I got a gang of Outlaws over here and we all removed the sway bars with impressive results. Just try it and report back to this post on your findings. It turns the rear end into fully independent rather than semi dependent. More lean in corners, but also WAY more suspension flex and a much smoother ride. Just try it one time, what do ya got to lose? 
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #8 
Ive never unhooked it completely, but I have experimented with the settings (my Fuj bar has 3), and it is noticeably more comfortable in the "loosest" position but gets a little tippy when running hard.  In the 2nd position it slides better and feels more stable.  After I went to 10" rear wheels  and GBC tires I found the 1st position ("the stiffest") felt too slippery so I don't use that anymore, but when I had the 9" and the Kenda Kutters on the rear, the  stiffest position worked great.
  I'll bet you are right though, Ive never tried it with the bar unhooked but I'll bet it would be great for rocky, slower riding. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
rory71

Reply with quote  #9 
I took off the left link on my 09 525 & have around 6 hours ride time on it like that. With my factory 10" rims it rides over the rocks much better! Sliding around the corners has not changed much at all, just a bit extra body english to make it work. The only bad part is it likes to roll a bit at high speeds, never really goes straight down the road, but that could be due to the worn radials on the back & bias tires up front.?? Getting new tires in a month & I'll see if that helps! Overall it was a great improvement to my ride here in the rocks of Arizona!
ORION

Reply with quote  #10 
Ya, there is more body roll on high speed cornering, but I agree that it is manageable. The improvement on rough terrain is incredible though. Its a whole new machine without the sway bar. Thanks for reporting your results rory71. 
ORION

Reply with quote  #11 
Anyone else try this mod? Just disconnect one link and pin it to win it. You will never go back. 
Mick

Reply with quote  #12 
Yeah I tried it on my 08. I have to agree it's a much plusher ride over rough stuff, but I found it a bit daunting on high speed high traction areas, it felt like I was riding a boat! If I was to do a monster trail tour I would probably recommend it but for general blasting around I'm not a fan. Try getting back on a straight axle for a couple of hours and you'll realise how good the irs is. May be an adjustable version like the ones you can buy for your car would be a great idea?
As always each to their own, if you can go full throttle on grippy loam with the bar disconnected you're a way bigger man than me!
ORION

Reply with quote  #13 
For certain riding conditions it does not apply. Obviously it would be of no benefit to remove it at the dunes for instance. I would definitely keep it on if I was racing on a track. If you do a lot of real fast paced riding on fairly smooth ground, leave it on. If you go over a lot of riverbed, rock crawling, lower speed hard core terrain, take it off. 
ORION

Reply with quote  #14 
10639560_686214551470470_7205479626088451462_n.jpg 
ORION

Reply with quote  #15 
10624764_686214411470484_6975816762261428558_n.jpg 
ORION

Reply with quote  #16 
These are the kinda trails that Im talking about. If your drag racing, desert riding, or high speed stuff on smooth trails, leave the swaybar on. 
Mick

Reply with quote  #17 
I see what you mean about rough terrain, I can really see why you'd disconnect it now! Definitely no high speed cornering here
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.