Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #1 
who should I have service my ktm rfs crank ? I would like it trued ,welded and id like to use a Carillo CP rod . I have my engine apart , just need to split it open, but before I do that I was wondering if I should just have someone do the bottom end since it needs crank work and crank case bearings. who should I send it to if I wanted someone to do the work ? Im not sure I want to go down the deadman route if you know what I mean,, I don't want my engine hijacked .. or is that company all cleaned up now ?
ScramblerXLE

Reply with quote  #2 
Travis does a first rate job on cranks. I have him do all of my RFS cranks and have for years without incident. He has done 5 of mine.
2009 KTM 450XC
2009 KTM 250XC
2005 Predator 558 (project)
2003 Cannondale 440 (project)
2006 KLX 250S
2002 Scrambler X 500
Sold, crashed, or otherwise gone: 2008 YFZ450, 2005 Predator 500 LE, 2007 Outlaw 525, 2003 Cannondale 440
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #3 
that is what I want to hear. I have a email out to him right now.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #4 
ive been dragging my feet on this build, but the time has come because my 450 mxr is starting to leak so I will follow it up after I fix the 525.  bob has been telling me to use travis but im not sure I want to build anything too crazy . im just looking to build the 525 with a nice crank , high compression 95mm with maybe a cam and carb bore.  my 450 I want to turn into a stock 525.
Team Bricktucky

Reply with quote  #5 
at most a 540 kit for the 525 ,but will depend on how much the bottom end cost to rebuild.. remember guys I have two predators, a scrambler hybrid and a raptor 700, kinda why I put off my outlaw builds. plus the 450 mxr has been flawless so she has been the primary atv and the most reliable . but im killing her and time and abuse is starting to show.  I got options between the two rfs engines. just got to figure out what its going to take.   maybe I should pull the 450 , since I have all the topend parts/cylinder and gaskets to make it a nice 525. if its crank checks out.  my 525 needs crank work for sure and case bearings. that engine has a lot of play in the crank case bearing and rod.
don't know how abused the 450 is , other then having a case leak but the 450 still runs strong and isn't making any abnormal noises. it also burns no oil. do you guys think I should pull the 450 engine, use the parts I have to make it a 525 , then take whats left over and take my time rebuilding the 525 . (maybe 540 thumper build)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.