Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
tbracelin

Reply with quote  #1 
Need some quick input on 3+2 offset on front wheels for my 525 S. I know most don't prefer it but I have a really good deal I don't wanna pass on. I have stock a-arms and don't competitive race. I can get a set of Hiper's with tires, a stock set if wheels and tires and a Precision Stabilizer for $500. I've wanted some Hiper's for awhile so give me some input or if is really notice or if it would be better having a wider front?
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S, graphicless, '09 450 MXR shocks/springs, Twin Air Powerflow Kit, FMF Factory 4.1 Slip-On Exhaust, JD Jet Kit, Quadtech seat, DDM Tuning HID headlight 880 bulb mod, Rath 44 Monster Peg nerfs, Rath Bumper, Rath Grab Bar, Rath Anti-Vibe Handlebar Kit, Flexx bars w/ABF mounted 10" Rigid light, Honda throttle, Hiper CF1's w/GBC XC Master's, Lonestar Billet Bearing Housing, Lonestar Billet Locknut
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #2 
i much prefer the 3/2 offset wheels. for my riding area being wide open and for the dunes wide means more stable and better handling at high speeds.

if you are running tight woods being 2 inches wider may not be great for you.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
groundstrike

Reply with quote  #3 
If you don't ride a lot of tight woods then the width isn't as big a deal. Otherwise that is a good deal.
tbracelin

Reply with quote  #4 
Will it make the front wider than rear or look goofy?
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S, graphicless, '09 450 MXR shocks/springs, Twin Air Powerflow Kit, FMF Factory 4.1 Slip-On Exhaust, JD Jet Kit, Quadtech seat, DDM Tuning HID headlight 880 bulb mod, Rath 44 Monster Peg nerfs, Rath Bumper, Rath Grab Bar, Rath Anti-Vibe Handlebar Kit, Flexx bars w/ABF mounted 10" Rigid light, Honda throttle, Hiper CF1's w/GBC XC Master's, Lonestar Billet Bearing Housing, Lonestar Billet Locknut
groundstrike

Reply with quote  #5 
No

LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #6 
people trash different offset wheels and wheel spacers but i have been running both of them for years and never had an issue. no question wider a arms are nicer but for a lot more dough. i prefer 3/2 wheels to wheel spacers. that sounds like a good deal to me.

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbracelin
Will it make the front wider than rear or look goofy?

yeah i think that will put you about the same width front and rear. measure front and rear now and add 2 to the front. that is where you will be real close to.

2008 POLARIS RZR 800
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #8 
well I sure can tell the difference, allot more feedback through the steering, I ditched my yamaha 3/2's and went back to the 4/1's........

KTM XC 554 2009, lots of trick stuff, 68hp / 44 ft lbs of brute force, ultra lite crank & lite flywhee, full JB / PEP suspension all wrapped in white plastic

Polaris 525 IRS 2011, the new toy ! LSR A arms, shortened Front MXR shocks & custom springs, PP bumper, nerfs and rear grab bar, Revalved and resprung rear end, FUJ lowering blocks, FUJ adj sway bar. Taper bars / hand guards / Trail tech GPS unit.
Engine: Yoshi slip on, kiwi custom intake, hi flo water pump, Modded carb (41mm rejetted & adj accel pump).
next round of mods: 8-33 cam / fastway steering damper / BB kit /lite flywheel all on the shelf waiting for install........

LTR 495 2007, 200 hrs and still going like a rocket, BB kit transformed this engine + yoshi motard cams, it hauls.
08IRS

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I say go for it.  Your not going to loose any money on that deal if you decide you don't like the setup.  The precision alone can be sold for 225.00 with ease.
SOLD - 08 Outlaw IRS Uni filter,O-ring mod, Cycra hand guards, 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, HMF Sport pipe, ODI Rogue grips (thanks PPR),Pro Armor Kill switch, IMS Nerfs and heel guards, PP grab bar, PRM Outlaw front bumper, Rekluse clutch, Precision Stabilizer & Flexx bars.

02 Scrambler 400 4x4
86 TRX250R
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #10 
I'd think the stabilizer would tune out some of the negative effects of the wheel spacing, but it still puts some extra pressure on the tie rods and associated parts.  Go for it.  If you don't like them, you should easily be able to sell them. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.