Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Kamikad7e

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi 
I am new to polaris and new to this forum , I ride 2008 525 irs from 1 month , but see that these tender springs on front and rear are bottomed from factory . I search internet and this forum but sea many different opinions , I am 90kg ( 200lbs ) , and ride mainly in forest and open rocky and black roads   , I want from my bike to be more comfortable can you tell me what tender springs I need for front and rear ?
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #2 
Springs along with spring preload adjustment will have some effect on ride height and stiffness.  Valving and damping will likely have more effect on comfort.  Polaris used Ryde FX (07 and 08 525 irs) and a couple versions of the Fox shocks earlier and later in production (the 06-07 Outlaw 500 Fox shocks were more adjustable than the 09+ versions).  The Ryde FX shocks only have spring preload adjustment in the front, and spring preload plus compression adjustment in the rear, if I recall correctly.  Most people have the best experience by either having the shocks revalved for their weight an riding style, or by upgrading to an aftermarket set of shocks built for their weight and riding style. 

Here is some additional discussion about springs:
http://forums.polarisproriders.com/post/suspension-springs-for-08-irs-7559348

Reply with quote  #3 
You will need some type of crossover spacers to make them work properly.  Ive worked out a pretty good combo but I'll have to look when I get home.  I do know that I'm using the stock rear mains (#130) on both the front and the back (otherwise the front become too soft with the dual spring set up). 

Some of the guys here unbolt the rear sway bar... Ive never tried it but it should really soften up the ride (but make it harder to slide the rear and make it feel "tippier" on off camber stuff).
I will recommend either relocating the front shock holes on the a-arms out farther (lowering the front end) or having the front shocks shortened.  The front ends are too high and since the IRS outlaws are hard enough to slide around corners, its helpful to have the front down some to effectively move the weight forward onto the front tires more. 

Also, if you can find a pair of front shocks off a predator, they have progressive 80/160 springs, have lots of adjustments, and are a little shorter which lowers the front end... so it may be the cheapest/easiest solution to the front set up for you. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlawRider
You will need some type of crossover spacers to make them work properly.  Ive worked out a pretty good combo but I'll have to look when I get home.  I do know that I'm using the stock rear mains (#130) on both the front and the back (otherwise the front become too soft with the dual spring set up). 

Some of the guys here unbolt the rear sway bar... Ive never tried it but it should really soften up the ride (but make it harder to slide the rear and make it feel "tippier" on off camber stuff).
I will recommend either relocating the front shock holes on the a-arms out farther (lowering the front end) or having the front shocks shortened.  The front ends are too high and since the IRS outlaws are hard enough to slide around corners, its helpful to have the front down some to effectively move the weight forward onto the front tires more. 

Also, if you can find a pair of front shocks off a predator, they have progressive 80/160 springs, have lots of adjustments, and are a little shorter which lowers the front end... so it may be the cheapest/easiest solution to the front set up for you. 

I went and checked, I'm using #135 mains all around (stock rear springs on 06-08 outlaws) and #175 top on fronts and #225 top springs on the rear (you can buy from AXIS/Penske).  I'm using Hygear crossover kit and spacers.  And just from my observation, it turns the best with the front set level with rear with you on the quad (which will be easier to achieve if you use shorter front shocks or you relocate the shock holes on the front a-arms. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.