Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
itsernestoo

Reply with quote  #1 
I bought a 07 Polaris Predator 500 like 4 days ago, this is my first time buying a quad. It rides good but I noticed that when I come to a stop & I am in 1st gear, it dies on me. I just turn it back on & turns on but it dies on me when I Have it in 1st or am on neutral while stopped. I had a friend look at it, he tried to turn up the idle nob up so it would have a little more push to it so when it was in neutral, it wouldn’t just die but it didn’t seem to make a difference, He told me that he would turn the idle up but it didn’t work. He also stated that the quad should turn on just by pressing the “ start “ button but it doesn’t, I have to rev it a little so that it could turn on all the way. Does anyone know what the problem may be? The quad rides good, that is the only problem it has.
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
It is the etc in the thumb throttle, most likely .  Pull the top off the throttle housing amd see if the points are touching. If so adjust the throttle cable until the points are open, then readjust idle for 1800 rpm.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.