Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
nlieber

Reply with quote  #1 
  I just bought a Outlaw 500. He was riding it without the spark arrestor (it's loud). I found a used one and after looking the muffler was wondering what sound deadening material to use? The muffler has 2 holes about halfway. I've looked at a few videos but non seem to cover the OEM muffler. Do I just buy a bag of the loose material from Moose racing or batting? The spark arrestor seems short like 4-6 in so I'm guessing just wrapping around it will be insufficient.
 Never done it before want to do it correctly. Will jetting need to be changed at all since he was running without anything?
 Hopefully someone can send me to a video link or written procedure.

Thx for any help!
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
I don't think there is any packing in the stock muffler, just some tubes and diffusers.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
nlieber

Reply with quote  #3 
So just the spark arrestor/gasket is all I needed? Will just adding that quiet it down? With it off its kinda neighborhood unfriendly [smile].
 Just want to be sure there's no packing in it so I can ride in state parks after I get spark arrestor added its just a short tube with cover.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
My 525 was actually pretty quiet with the stock system with the arrestor in place. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Rkangel

Reply with quote  #5 
The stock exhaust is a welded baffled design.  It doesn't need or use packing.  The spark arrestor is removable for cleaning and inspection but also does not need or use any packing.  Install an OEM spark arrestor and you should be back in business.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.