Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Bummy68

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a 04 preadtor 500, to start I dont kniw alot about working on atvs, but anyway I was out on a ride and was on the road at a good speed and felt a shake in the rear end, I decided to head back and when I was almost back my fourwheele started cutting out and dieing but if I would hold the clutch in it would rev fine so it only in gear it cuts out, my carb looks to be clean and my airbox was dry, it seems electrical but I dont know where to start looking and dont want to just throw a bunch of new parts at it to solve the problem any advice
okii30

Reply with quote  #2 
With the engine off and bike in neutral, is it hard to push the bike?
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #3 
There are two black bags in the wiring harness, find them  cut them open and replace the breakers and seal them back up the best you can,  ( This is a common thing that should be done, the breakers can be bought at any auto parts store )  Shake in the rear? Do you mean like wheel wobble? Chain slap? Or missing teeth on the sprockets like chain slip?
To truly help we need more information.  

Reply with quote  #4 
No it is not hard to push, you wouldnt have diagram would you, and I was thinking possible coil, the shake is like a bent wheel or bad tire, I just threw that in there cause I didnt know if something. Old be binding up and. Causing it to cut out, thank you
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Predator_500_SERVICE_MANUAL.zip

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.