Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
jetskirehab

Reply with quote  #1 
Bought this for $200. No compression. Found every valve bent, new piston installed wrong among other issues made by the previous owner. Came with a clymer manual. I tried to find out where the previous owner went wrong in his reassembly and it appears to be in timing. This clymer manual says to put my timing marks at 9 and 12 for both cams and lobes should be facing about 10 for intake and 2 for exhaust. Problem is i get nowhere near this when i go by the book. Anybody ever seen this?
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
Yup, seen it, fixed the same situation. Leo, the owner of this site has a CD that will help you more than anything. Also there is a manual to down load in one the threads at the bottom, "Download" thread I believe. But for sure, the guys on here can get you all the help you could ever need. The Predator manual if you do it step by step, you will get the timing right on.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
jetskirehab

Reply with quote  #3 
i'm waiting for the polaris factory manual to arrive that i purchased off of ebay.  only thing i can think of is that at some point in time the cam gears were pressed on incorrectly
Kmack

Reply with quote  #4 
With the quality of work that I have seen many so called "mechanics" put out, nothing would surprise me.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
jetskirehab

Reply with quote  #5 
thanks for the info on the download but the file has been deleted.  I'm a car mechanic that likes my toys but I dont usually have much luck getting technical questions answered on forums.  This is probably the most ive used one yet but seems good so far.  Debating on a big bore kit, hot cam and an e85 conversion. 
Kmack

Reply with quote  #6 
The post is fine, there is a Predator section with a "Mod" and a "How To" thread, but it's no problem here. There are several guys on here with a lot more experience with the Predator and Fuji engine than I have. They can really help you out with any issues you need help with. All super nice guys. That's what this place is all about, sharing knowledge and helping each other in any way we can.

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
Marca28

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi new here dose anyone have any experience rebuilding the trans on a 03 preditor 500
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #8 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqxorobaqohpcgi/Predator_500_SERVICE_MANUAL.zip?dl=0

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.