Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
Is it possible to put a 2007 stem and tie rods on a 2003 predator to get rid of the pro steering
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #2 
If it looks like the outlaw, it would be difficult as they run the stem at an angle for the pro-link so the mounts and holders and bottom mount would have to be moved.  You might be cheaper off building a new link with helm joints like Fuj used to build.  Ive been running one for years and there is no detectable play in the steering.  I believe he stopped making them, but he may provide help for you to make your own. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
cobra131

Reply with quote  #3 
I do have a set of them from him but mine are never stay tight I always go over the entire quad after riding and they still come loose what’s your secret
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
Im using American Star tie rods which stay tight.  I did have replace the bearings on the pro steering arm though as they were worn out and you'll be able to see it move from side to side when you turn the bars.  They are pretty cheap.  Otherwise its been pretty trouble free.

I did have some issues with the LSR steering stem I bought though.  The pretty chrome pro steering piece that came with it was built at a slightly different attachment angle than the stock one and it caused some binding issues on the right tie rod (and actually bent one) and it went through bearings quickly.  That went away when I put the stock piece back on that side. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.