Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
Just wondering if anybody ever figure out how to stop the front brakes to stop dragging I've tried to put springs in that didn't work
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Yep.  I took them off my flat track build and never put them back on.  Otherwise I think when I was looking some guys were swapping to outlaw front brakes and eliminating most if not all brake brag IIRC.
cobra131

Reply with quote  #3 
I told my son to take them off but he didn't like that idea lol any year outlaw?
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I think they were all the same brakes on all outlaws.  I think they swapped everything including spindles.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #5 
Even on the outlaws they drag some.  The brake pistons seem to be a little tighter (either on the seals or in the bores?) than the other makes.  I wonder if you could pull an old set apart and turn them down .001" or so in a lathe if it would solve the problem.  Might be worth a try. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #6 
if you turn on a lathe you will then have to have them plated again or they will rust shut I would think.  Also the drag on the outlaw is nothing compared to the predators front brake drag. 
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshr08
if you turn on a lathe you will then have to have them plated again or they will rust shut I would think.  Also the drag on the outlaw is nothing compared to the predators front brake drag. 

I didn't think of that. 
I guess honing the bores would only help if its not the seals dragging. 

Hey Josh I'll actually be up near Carsonville in a couple weeks visiting some family.  Is there anything fun happening around there?

joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Tractor pulls august 4th in Deckerville and then they have car show and stuff that same weekend in Deckerville.  Also cruise night and car show in Croswell same weekend.  weekend of the 25th is the 4-h county fair in Sandusky but that is about it.  When exactly are you going to be in the area?
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshr08
Tractor pulls august 4th in Deckerville and then they have car show and stuff that same weekend in Deckerville.  Also cruise night and car show in Croswell same weekend.  weekend of the 25th is the 4-h county fair in Sandusky but that is about it.  When exactly are you going to be in the area?

We should be getting up there Sat Aug 5th sometime in the late afternoon and will be leaving the Friday afterwards.  We are staying in Lexington. 

joshr08

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Sorry been looking.  Doesn't seem there is much of anything happening during your stay.  We are heading to Indiana sunday morning for a week long camping trip.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.