Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
cobra131

Reply with quote  #1 
I need my predator head redone because I am out of adjustment my quad is stock except for a hmf slip on I would guess back to stock and cleaned up a little I live in pa and nobody wants to touch a Polaris any suggestions thanks Keith
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Do you mean you just need your valves adjusted? If so you can do that your self with the service manual and this sites help!  If you need the head freshened up, like new valves and seat work , stuff like that. Take the head off and send it to a good shop.  Close to you I can think of Tim at Zforce 815-354-2227. I'm sure  others can give you other guys to help you out.

Reply with quote  #3 
The head needs refreshed I do my own valve adjustments it's just that I am almost at the end of shims the smallest ones in my hot cam shim set
erick_sm1

Reply with quote  #4 
h i need advice i took in my 03 predator 500 to get a valve adjustemnt and carb rebuild and i payed 400$ i got it back and they put on new tires exhaust jetted my new carb cleaned and oiled my k n N filter , new clutch , but they said i needed a new top end because my quad " is on its last leg" and they said i only have 20 hours left until my top end blows off , is that true ? 

distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I sure would like their crystal ball , telling you in hours how long it will last..... My guess is your compression is dropping and your starting to pass oil. They probably mean it's time to either do rings or a new piston and rings and have new valves ,  seals .

Reply with quote  #6 
I'm more impressed how they said it would "Blow Off".  Unless they found C4 in holding the rocker arms together or something... LOL!

I know very little about the Fuji motors, but I know allot about motors in general, and like Distraction said, unless they could tell that the timing chain was stretched to the end of its adjustment, or the valves were so recessed that they couldn't be adjusted anymore, or they did a compression or leak down test, I don't know how they'd have any idea how much longer it would hold together.  In fact even knowing that information its still hard to say if exactly how much time a motor has left in it. 

If it were me, I'd ask them why they thought it only had 20 hours left... maybe they found something that lead them to that conclusion.

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
mad quadder

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra131
I need my predator head redone because I am out of adjustment my quad is stock except for a hmf slip on I would guess back to stock and cleaned up a little I live in pa and nobody wants to touch a Polaris any suggestions thanks Keith
mad quadder

Reply with quote  #8 
Matto cycles in st. Clair does head work. Just had the head redone on the kfx . 3 angle valve job new valves ,valve seals and springs. It was 500$ so their a little pricey but they do do good work. That was with just taking the head over to them.
polaris bob

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra131

It sounds like you need to have the valves as well as the seats replaced.

I used Charlie at Pro 1 racing heads to rebuild a totally trashed head off of my KTM powered Polaris Preddy. I can't say for a fact that he does pred heads but I was very very happy with the service I got from him. Finding someone that is local is of course your best bet, but that can be difficult now a days as these motors are getting to be older and it was hard back in the day finding shops that worked on them.

If you do a search for Pro 1 racing on you tube he has a slew of vids he has put out over time. He is an absolute genius with motor cycle / quad motors.

570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5 - 1 CP piston. Head ported by Thumper Racing w/ new intake seats done by Pro-1 racing. Stage 5 cam (Custom design by Thumper Racing). AC bearing mod. Oil system mod by DJH. KW valves (stock size). * #100 CDI dirt bike CDI. 42 mm FCR carb by Walt/Fast64ranchero. (SX carb = No TPS). Trail Tech -10 oz flywheel. (Stock is 30 oz/ trail tech = 21 Oz's)
Mino water pump. Full flow set up, no T-stat. PB Oil cooler. Custom modded intake. Uni filter/ D2 Moto adapter on a modded Predator intake tube.
KTM Bill modded CT racing full exhaust system. Tusk Clutch kit. Honda thumb throttle. Snyder Motorsports adjustable upper A-arms. PP Billet front hubs W/ DLR tapered roller bearings. Custom modded fox suspension. Hidden comfort camo seat cover on a modded stock seat.
polaris bob

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick_sm1
h i need advice i took in my 03 predator 500 to get a valve adjustemnt and carb rebuild and i payed 400$ i got it back and they put on new tires exhaust jetted my new carb cleaned and oiled my k n N filter , new clutch , but they said i needed a new top end because my quad " is on its last leg" and they said i only have 20 hours left until my top end blows off , is that true ? 

You took your quad in for valve adjustment and carb rebuild and you get it back with new tires, new exhaust, jetted your new carb, cleaned and oiled your filter, and installed a new clutch, all for $400 bucks ????

Smoking deal !!!!!!!!

Did they do your valves ?????????

570 Thumper Racing kit w/ 12.5 - 1 CP piston. Head ported by Thumper Racing w/ new intake seats done by Pro-1 racing. Stage 5 cam (Custom design by Thumper Racing). AC bearing mod. Oil system mod by DJH. KW valves (stock size). * #100 CDI dirt bike CDI. 42 mm FCR carb by Walt/Fast64ranchero. (SX carb = No TPS). Trail Tech -10 oz flywheel. (Stock is 30 oz/ trail tech = 21 Oz's)
Mino water pump. Full flow set up, no T-stat. PB Oil cooler. Custom modded intake. Uni filter/ D2 Moto adapter on a modded Predator intake tube.
KTM Bill modded CT racing full exhaust system. Tusk Clutch kit. Honda thumb throttle. Snyder Motorsports adjustable upper A-arms. PP Billet front hubs W/ DLR tapered roller bearings. Custom modded fox suspension. Hidden comfort camo seat cover on a modded stock seat.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.