Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #1 
I just purchased a outlaw 525s a few days ago luckily I got a smoking deal on it because there's a few things that need to be fixed.  The first question is I noticed the front shocks are lose like there's no bushings on the top of the shocks. They are just clunking around on a bolt. I ordered new bushings from Polaris just found it strange that they would be missing. maybe cracked and fell off? . Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Next my front brake master cylinder window disintegrated and is leaking beak fluid out of the sight. is there a way to fix this and again has anyone else had this problem. thanks everyone just trying to see what I need to watch out for or upgrade on this atv. Im super excited about it I just need to figure out some of these small issues.
Kmack

Reply with quote  #2 
If the shock bushings are totally missing I'd say that was someone's faulty work. The sight glass is a common problem. I have heard of people using epoxy and a quarter or a number of other items to seal up the master cylinder. I think you might still be able to get it from KTM.

BE POSITIVE - Because, if you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T, you are right!

2009 Outlaw 525 S
2008 KTM 525
2004 KTM 525 EXC Dual Purpose Bike
1998 Yamaha 600 Grizzly - Elk Hauler
jwes

Reply with quote  #3 
There have been isues with those windows coming apart. Probably to much sun is my guess. You will have to replace with new or find a used part here or on e-bay. I ant seen any reason why the bushings would be gone or broken other than somebody just took them out. If some else on the forum has had a similar problem they will chime in soon. Congrats on the outlaw, my is the fastest machine i have ever been on an its only the 500, not the 525. I think u will love it. Justin
07 Outlaw 90 -- Sons
02 Scrambler 50 2 stroke -- Daughters (Sold)
05 Honda CRF70F -- Kids learner(sold)
02 Kawi 50 2 stroke dirtbike (Sold)
2 chinese quads, a 90 and a 110(sold)
Soon to be 99 yamaha blaster for kids to learn hand clutch and will convert to cr125 or similar motor to run TT at Saddleback
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #4 
thanks you guys good to know. hopefully the new bushings solve the problem.  I actually just came across a site that sells a little glass window for the master cylinder its like a mini repair kit.  im going to give them a shot I think. while im at it i don't believe the previous owner ever adjusted the valves on this bike and he had like 80 hours on it or so. :/ yikes. IM assuming i should adjust them? I don't know what maintenance this engine requires yet so bare with me. is it a pita to adjust them or is it fairly easy?  
LEOGM5150

SITE OWNER
Reply with quote  #5 
yeah i would check them every 40 to 50 hours. the valve adjustment on the 525 is very easy here is a thread to help you.

http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/polaris-outlaw-525-450-ktm-rfs-engine-valve-adjustment-5285689

MY GREATEST FEAR IS THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL MY TOYS FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I HAVE INTO THEM...

2014 POLARIS RZR 4 900 EPS
2012 POLARIS RZR 4 900 XP
2008 POLARIS RZR 800
2008 POLARIS OUTLAW 525S LE
2007 POLARIS OUTLAW 525 IRS
2000 400 RCR TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2001 400 TWO STROKE SCRAMBLER
2005 SKI DOO 1000 TWO STROKE SAND SLED
jwes

Reply with quote  #6 
My fuji motor is a royal pain but a kid i work with has a ktm 450 and he said it was very easy. He just had to remove the tank. I am not sure about the ktm on the outlaw but cant imagine much difference. I am sure there is a thread here somewhere. Just wait for leo, he knows all. GO LEO.
07 Outlaw 90 -- Sons
02 Scrambler 50 2 stroke -- Daughters (Sold)
05 Honda CRF70F -- Kids learner(sold)
02 Kawi 50 2 stroke dirtbike (Sold)
2 chinese quads, a 90 and a 110(sold)
Soon to be 99 yamaha blaster for kids to learn hand clutch and will convert to cr125 or similar motor to run TT at Saddleback
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #7 
thanks guys! you have been very helpful to me. There's just so many things to try to figure out with a new machine.
Fossil85

Wisconsin Redneck
Reply with quote  #8 

I had the same problem with shock bushings on a couple of my outlaws.  They just fell apart and all that was left was metal.  Oem replacements lasted way longer; for whatever reason.   Not a big deal.  I just ordered a bunch so that I was ready next time.

outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #9 
Good to hear Fossil85 I was beginning to think I was crazy or the owner actually took them off and didn't replace them. seems to be a faulty design but hopefully the newer ones I get will be better. Its not a huge deal I think I paid like 30 bucks I may do the same order a extra set to keep around. Is there any other known problems I should be aware of?
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw1000
I actually just came across a site that sells a little glass window for the master cylinder its like a mini repair kit.  

can you post the details, I'm sure allot of people would be interested

KTM XC 554 2009, lots of trick stuff, 68hp / 44 ft lbs of brute force, ultra lite crank & lite flywhee, full JB / PEP suspension all wrapped in white plastic

Polaris 525 IRS 2011, the new toy ! LSR A arms, shortened Front MXR shocks & custom springs, PP bumper, nerfs and rear grab bar, Revalved and resprung rear end, FUJ lowering blocks, FUJ adj sway bar. Taper bars / hand guards / Trail tech GPS unit.
Engine: Yoshi slip on, kiwi custom intake, hi flo water pump, Modded carb (41mm rejetted & adj accel pump).
next round of mods: 8-33 cam / fastway steering damper / BB kit /lite flywheel all on the shelf waiting for install........

LTR 495 2007, 200 hrs and still going like a rocket, BB kit transformed this engine + yoshi motard cams, it hauls.
kiwi-craig

Reply with quote  #11 
????

newrivercyclesalvage.com/sight-glass.html

KTM XC 554 2009, lots of trick stuff, 68hp / 44 ft lbs of brute force, ultra lite crank & lite flywhee, full JB / PEP suspension all wrapped in white plastic

Polaris 525 IRS 2011, the new toy ! LSR A arms, shortened Front MXR shocks & custom springs, PP bumper, nerfs and rear grab bar, Revalved and resprung rear end, FUJ lowering blocks, FUJ adj sway bar. Taper bars / hand guards / Trail tech GPS unit.
Engine: Yoshi slip on, kiwi custom intake, hi flo water pump, Modded carb (41mm rejetted & adj accel pump).
next round of mods: 8-33 cam / fastway steering damper / BB kit /lite flywheel all on the shelf waiting for install........

LTR 495 2007, 200 hrs and still going like a rocket, BB kit transformed this engine + yoshi motard cams, it hauls.
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #12 
Yes that is the site i ordered mine from. they give you a glass window instead of the plastic one. hoping it holds up good this time.  
outy027

Reply with quote  #13 
You could always just save your time spend a little more and just purchase a Honda master cylinder off the 450r. Nice easy little upgrade!

I had that issue back In the day on the stock shocks as well, mine slowly just fell out 1 by 1 from usage. Not a big deal but Definetly something you should keep an eye on from time to time!

Oh! Welcome btw!

2015 season. 2010 mx/xc collab build in the works. 
outlaw1000

Reply with quote  #14 
thanks outy027! ill look into that upgrade I saw something about it but wasn't sure what was needed to make the swap. I may look into that eventually you can score a cheap used one on ebay for around 45 50 bucks not bad.
dirtdawg411

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi-craig
????

newrivercyclesalvage.com/sight-glass.html
    what size did you measure , order on your site glass for 2008 525 /

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.