Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
Patrickmn77

Reply with quote  #1 
Where exactly is this located? I found the plug with red and green wires, but it goes back into the harness. I have 106 ohms on the female side.
distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
The coil should be on the right side if your sitting on the quad , the pulser coil is on the left side of motor ( again sitting on quad ) under the stator cover. If you have no spark, first unplug the plug up at your  thumb throttle, then go from there to the other stuff.

Reply with quote  #3 
Thumb connection has been disconnected the entire time for testing purposes. Anything on the left hand switch I should check? What worries me is that both bulbs were burnt out on the quad when I got it. I installed 18w LEDs to compensate not buy a $30 bulb. To me it’s odd that both bulbs are burnt, normally it starts with one, then the other. Grounding issue with the lights perhaps? The LEDs are wired to the switch on low beams.
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #4 
My experience with bulbs "burning out" on my outlaw was a bad regulator.  I was out riding and they both blew out.  So I got back home and ordered $50 worth of bulbs (2 @ $25.00ea) and went out riding.  After a couple rides I noticed they were burned out again.  So I ordered a new regulator and 2 more bulbs and its been fine for years.  Woulda been allot cheaper had I replaced the regulator the 1st time though... 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
Patrickmn77

Reply with quote  #5 
Great, one more thing to test out.  Looks  like the troubleshooting has me looking at the ground for the left-hand switch on the handlebars.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.