Polaris Pro Riders

Author   Comment  
ko66

Reply with quote  #1 
long time since I posted how are you guys?

To the issue i cleaned out my carb she wont idle unless the fuel screw is all the way out. I cleaned it with carb cleaner and was told i basically destroyed the carb, is this true? 

distraction628

Supporting Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Well that depends. Did you take all the carb apart? All pieces that contained rubber, plastic ? Did you soak it or just spray it down?

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm assuming its an Outlaw 525 with the FCR carb.  Its usually that rubber o-ring in the carb slide that gets messed up first.  I have pulled them out and let them dry then soaked them in automatic transmission fluid an they were fine.  However it sounds like you might have pulled the slide assembly out and put the plate back on upside down. They don't like to idle when you do that.  Also be sure you got the little o-ring seated correctly on the idle mixture screw.  
  Either way, the carb isn't trashed, you can buy the o-ring and other parts online from JD Jetting. 

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
ko66

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by distraction628
Well that depends. Did you take all the carb apart? All pieces that contained rubber, plastic ? Did you soak it or just spray it down?
spray but took apart
ko66

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlawRider
I'm assuming its an Outlaw 525 with the FCR carb.  Its usually that rubber o-ring in the carb slide that gets messed up first.  I have pulled them out and let them dry then soaked them in automatic transmission fluid an they were fine.  However it sounds like you might have pulled the slide assembly out and put the plate back on upside down. They don't like to idle when you do that.  Also be sure you got the little o-ring seated correctly on the idle mixture screw.  
  Either way, the carb isn't trashed, you can buy the o-ring and other parts online from JD Jetting. 
I can see the rubber on the slide it's all wavy looking
TxOutlawRider

Reply with quote  #6 
You might try soaking it overnight in ATF fluid (I prefer Dextron).  Then be sure you put the plate back on the right way, the first time I took one apart I put it in upside down, and after a little research it seems to be a really popular mistake.  lol

"Outlaws are the Chuck Norris of the quad world."
ko66

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlawRider
You might try soaking it overnight in ATF fluid (I prefer Dextron).  Then be sure you put the plate back on the right way, the first time I took one apart I put it in upside down, and after a little research it seems to be a really popular mistake.  lol

I most certainly will thank you 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.